COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — Police say three would-be robbers with sticky fingers — literally — were arrested by officers this week.
Police say the trio robbed a fast food employee in a parking lot and was waiting to rob another man at another restaurant when they were spotted by officers. The three had put Super Glue all over their hands in an effort not to leave fingerprints at the crime scene, said Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. Gary Young.
Monday night, a Burger King employee in Taylorsville was robbed while walking to his car. A short time later, Young said a vehicle with three people was casing a Winger's in Cottonwood Heights, apparently waiting for another employee to go into the parking lot, when a police officer noticed the group was acting strange.
"They were dressed in hoodies, which he thought was strange because it was a warm night. And their license plate was covered up," Young said.
After the officer pulled the vehicle over, he spotted a knife, a BB gun, a ski mask and drug paraphernalia inside, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
Joshua Bell, 24, Suann Guymon, 19, and Kristian Hills, 20, were each booked into jail for investigation of attempted robbery.
Bell was found guilty of felony robbery in 2010 and was given probation. He violated his probation and was jailed, but was released May 22 when his probation was reinstated. He also pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault in June of 2010, according to Utah court records.
- Davis County honor student arrested in deaths...
- Steven Powell can't go back to his home,...
- Man charged with killing Ogden officer found...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- 2 from Provo killed in RV accident near St....
- Stump the Smith: Can you answer the questions...
- One third of millenials regret going to college
- Chaffetz not willing to take... 67
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 25
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- Man charged with killing Ogden officer... 19