Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
UTAH COUNTY — An elderly woman died after the driver of another vehicle fell asleep at the wheel while driving on Highway 6 and crashed into the vehicle she was riding in.
Deanne Rogers, 64 from Idaho Falls, was killed after the SUV she was riding in was struck by a pickup truck being driven by Frank Naylor, 75 from Salt Lake, near mile post 193 on U.S. 6, according to the police report.
The accident, which occured at approximately 2:42 p.m. Tuesday, happened when Naylor fell asleep and failed to make a turn on the road. Naylor's truck crossed the center lane and hit the other vehicle.
Rogers was ejected from the vehicle during the accident, she was wearing a seatbelt.
Four other people were in the vehicle at the time of the accident. No others were fatally injured but a 10-year-old boy sustained a serious injury.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- Utah State runner Brittany Fisher gaining...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 41
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- S.L. draws up airport plans 18
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 16
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 14
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 11