13-year-old girl injured in boating accident at Pineview Reservoir
EDEN — A 13-year-old girl was life flighted to Primary Children's Medical Center after a tragic accident at Pineview Reservoir Tuesday evening.
"We had a 13 year old girl fall off a back platform of a boat, she got tangled in a rope as she was letting a rope out for a tube to be pulled," Sgt. Ryon Hadley with the Weber County Sheriff's department said. "It pulled her into the water and her right foot was pulled into the propeller."
The accident happened as the boat was pulling away from the boat ramp area just after 5:30 p.m.
The family was able to pull the girl into the boat and contact emergency services.
"Our boat patrol deputies were close and able to assist, we did everything we could do and of course paramedics were right there on the scene, they came out of Eden real close," Hadley said. "She got some top notch help right away."
Hadley said that neglicence is not being considered, that it was just an accident but reminded everyone to be careful.
"Anytime you're recreating, if you just pay real close attention to avoid these unfortunate mishaps then your day won't be ruined, or your life," he said.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Republican, Democratic political... 35
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12