13-year-old girl injured in boating accident at Pineview Reservoir
EDEN — A 13-year-old girl was life flighted to Primary Children's Medical Center after a tragic accident at Pineview Reservoir Tuesday evening.
"We had a 13 year old girl fall off a back platform of a boat, she got tangled in a rope as she was letting a rope out for a tube to be pulled," Sgt. Ryon Hadley with the Weber County Sheriff's department said. "It pulled her into the water and her right foot was pulled into the propeller."
The accident happened as the boat was pulling away from the boat ramp area just after 5:30 p.m.
The family was able to pull the girl into the boat and contact emergency services.
"Our boat patrol deputies were close and able to assist, we did everything we could do and of course paramedics were right there on the scene, they came out of Eden real close," Hadley said. "She got some top notch help right away."
Hadley said that neglicence is not being considered, that it was just an accident but reminded everyone to be careful.
"Anytime you're recreating, if you just pay real close attention to avoid these unfortunate mishaps then your day won't be ruined, or your life," he said.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 53
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45