13-year-old girl injured in boating accident at Pineview Reservoir
EDEN — A 13-year-old girl was life flighted to Primary Children's Medical Center after a tragic accident at Pineview Reservoir Tuesday evening.
"We had a 13 year old girl fall off a back platform of a boat, she got tangled in a rope as she was letting a rope out for a tube to be pulled," Sgt. Ryon Hadley with the Weber County Sheriff's department said. "It pulled her into the water and her right foot was pulled into the propeller."
The accident happened as the boat was pulling away from the boat ramp area just after 5:30 p.m.
The family was able to pull the girl into the boat and contact emergency services.
"Our boat patrol deputies were close and able to assist, we did everything we could do and of course paramedics were right there on the scene, they came out of Eden real close," Hadley said. "She got some top notch help right away."
Hadley said that neglicence is not being considered, that it was just an accident but reminded everyone to be careful.
"Anytime you're recreating, if you just pay real close attention to avoid these unfortunate mishaps then your day won't be ruined, or your life," he said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- DWR eyeing minor changes to cougar, bobcat hunt
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14