13-year-old girl injured in boating accident at Pineview Reservoir
EDEN — A 13-year-old girl was life flighted to Primary Children's Medical Center after a tragic accident at Pineview Reservoir Tuesday evening.
"We had a 13 year old girl fall off a back platform of a boat, she got tangled in a rope as she was letting a rope out for a tube to be pulled," Sgt. Ryon Hadley with the Weber County Sheriff's department said. "It pulled her into the water and her right foot was pulled into the propeller."
The accident happened as the boat was pulling away from the boat ramp area just after 5:30 p.m.
The family was able to pull the girl into the boat and contact emergency services.
"Our boat patrol deputies were close and able to assist, we did everything we could do and of course paramedics were right there on the scene, they came out of Eden real close," Hadley said. "She got some top notch help right away."
Hadley said that neglicence is not being considered, that it was just an accident but reminded everyone to be careful.
"Anytime you're recreating, if you just pay real close attention to avoid these unfortunate mishaps then your day won't be ruined, or your life," he said.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 55
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 37
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 28
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Firing squad's return in Utah may... 14
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 14