13-year-old girl injured in boating accident at Pineview Reservoir
EDEN — A 13-year-old girl was life flighted to Primary Children's Medical Center after a tragic accident at Pineview Reservoir Tuesday evening.
"We had a 13 year old girl fall off a back platform of a boat, she got tangled in a rope as she was letting a rope out for a tube to be pulled," Sgt. Ryon Hadley with the Weber County Sheriff's department said. "It pulled her into the water and her right foot was pulled into the propeller."
The accident happened as the boat was pulling away from the boat ramp area just after 5:30 p.m.
The family was able to pull the girl into the boat and contact emergency services.
"Our boat patrol deputies were close and able to assist, we did everything we could do and of course paramedics were right there on the scene, they came out of Eden real close," Hadley said. "She got some top notch help right away."
Hadley said that neglicence is not being considered, that it was just an accident but reminded everyone to be careful.
"Anytime you're recreating, if you just pay real close attention to avoid these unfortunate mishaps then your day won't be ruined, or your life," he said.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18