Switch Belts working to innovate clothing in golf, snowboarding markets
Innovation is king for Provo-based Switch as it brings products and ideas from overseas to the U.S.
The company sells colorful belts made of thermoplastic resin, which is a biodegradable material, according to the company website. Belts and buckles come in a variety of colors and can be mixed and matched.
Switch Belt brought the idea over from China in 2011 and has since resonated among a few niche markets like golfing and snowboarding.
More than 50 golf pro shops now carry the Switch Belt.
“That’s part of the challenge is knowing who to market to because everywhere we sell them they do well,” said Sam Clayton, the sales manager at Switch who helps run the company with his brother, Daniel. “I guess it’s a good problem to have.”
Clayton is studying finance at the David Eccles School of Business and plans to follow in his brother’s footsteps in entrepreneurship.
“I see myself being in business and venture capital,” Clayton said. “I feel that business fuels innovation, new ideas and creativity, and I see it being beneficial to society as a whole.”
Clayton says it’s his drive for innovation that led him and his brother to introduce Switch Belts into the golfing market.
“We felt there is a need for innovation and creativity in golf,” Clayton said. “Because a lot of what was out there was the boring same old stuff.”
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- David Muir takes over ABC's 'World News' from...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- Dave Ramsey says: Pets and rental properties...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy: The...
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad rights...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 6
- State lawmaker calling for criminal... 5
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad... 2
- Obama promoting economic gains as... 2
- No timeline announced yet for... 1
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152... 1