Switch Belts working to innovate clothing in golf, snowboarding markets
Innovation is king for Provo-based Switch as it brings products and ideas from overseas to the U.S.
The company sells colorful belts made of thermoplastic resin, which is a biodegradable material, according to the company website. Belts and buckles come in a variety of colors and can be mixed and matched.
Switch Belt brought the idea over from China in 2011 and has since resonated among a few niche markets like golfing and snowboarding.
More than 50 golf pro shops now carry the Switch Belt.
“That’s part of the challenge is knowing who to market to because everywhere we sell them they do well,” said Sam Clayton, the sales manager at Switch who helps run the company with his brother, Daniel. “I guess it’s a good problem to have.”
Clayton is studying finance at the David Eccles School of Business and plans to follow in his brother’s footsteps in entrepreneurship.
“I see myself being in business and venture capital,” Clayton said. “I feel that business fuels innovation, new ideas and creativity, and I see it being beneficial to society as a whole.”
Clayton says it’s his drive for innovation that led him and his brother to introduce Switch Belts into the golfing market.
“We felt there is a need for innovation and creativity in golf,” Clayton said. “Because a lot of what was out there was the boring same old stuff.”
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric bus...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Balancing act: First 'real' job teaches...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- In a surprising move, Dollar Tree will buy...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 11
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 5