BYRON, Wyo. — Wyoming officials say they have located the body of a 9-year-old Utah boy who drowned last month in the South Fork of the Shoshone River.
The Park Canyon Sheriff's Office confirmed Monday that the body of Tyler Hatch, of Eagle Mountain, was found about 4:30 p.m. Sunday by a search and rescue kayaker.
The boy was on a camping trip with his family near Powell, Wyo., on July 2 when he was thrown from a horse into the river. His father, Kevin Hatch, jumped in after him, but the fast-moving water already had carried him too far downstream.
The boy's body was seen from a search-and-rescue helicopter later that day, but it was swept downstream before rescuers could reach the area. Officials found the body Sunday about three-quarters of a mile from that July 2 sighting.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- 'Somebody knows what happened,' daughter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Rally in support of police also draws... 38
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 22
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9