BYRON, Wyo. — Wyoming officials say they have located the body of a 9-year-old Utah boy who drowned last month in the South Fork of the Shoshone River.
The Park Canyon Sheriff's Office confirmed Monday that the body of Tyler Hatch, of Eagle Mountain, was found about 4:30 p.m. Sunday by a search and rescue kayaker.
The boy was on a camping trip with his family near Powell, Wyo., on July 2 when he was thrown from a horse into the river. His father, Kevin Hatch, jumped in after him, but the fast-moving water already had carried him too far downstream.
The boy's body was seen from a search-and-rescue helicopter later that day, but it was swept downstream before rescuers could reach the area. Officials found the body Sunday about three-quarters of a mile from that July 2 sighting.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 53
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 28
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 12