PROVO — A Utah County family is thanking neighbors who helped save the life of a 3-year-old girl who was run over by a car near her home.
"The way the neighbors reacted, it was really impressive," said Michael Pulley, the girl's father.
Pulley said his daughter, Renee, was riding a scooter with her brother outside the family's Provo home about 7:30 p.m. Sunday. The father was talking with neighbors when another neighbor pulled into a nearby driveway.
"I guess she looked over and saw my son and waved," he said, "but she didn't see my daughter."
The car hit Renee and "sucked (her) right under the car," Pulley said.
The father rushed to the front of the car to attempt to pull his daughter to safety. That's when neighbors rushed to his aid, he said, and together they lifted the vehicle off the girl.
"We just lifted it up and got her out," Pulley said.
When the car was lifted, Renee was able to move out from underneath it on her own, the father said. She was flown to Primary Children's Medical Center, where she's now undergoing treatment for deep cuts to her head and legs.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8