PROVO — A Utah County family is thanking neighbors who helped save the life of a 3-year-old girl who was run over by a car near her home.
"The way the neighbors reacted, it was really impressive," said Michael Pulley, the girl's father.
Pulley said his daughter, Renee, was riding a scooter with her brother outside the family's Provo home about 7:30 p.m. Sunday. The father was talking with neighbors when another neighbor pulled into a nearby driveway.
"I guess she looked over and saw my son and waved," he said, "but she didn't see my daughter."
The car hit Renee and "sucked (her) right under the car," Pulley said.
The father rushed to the front of the car to attempt to pull his daughter to safety. That's when neighbors rushed to his aid, he said, and together they lifted the vehicle off the girl.
"We just lifted it up and got her out," Pulley said.
When the car was lifted, Renee was able to move out from underneath it on her own, the father said. She was flown to Primary Children's Medical Center, where she's now undergoing treatment for deep cuts to her head and legs.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Man arrested in Mt. Olympus homicide...
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt Lake...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 43
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 24