PROVO — A Utah County family is thanking neighbors who helped save the life of a 3-year-old girl who was run over by a car near her home.
"The way the neighbors reacted, it was really impressive," said Michael Pulley, the girl's father.
Pulley said his daughter, Renee, was riding a scooter with her brother outside the family's Provo home about 7:30 p.m. Sunday. The father was talking with neighbors when another neighbor pulled into a nearby driveway.
"I guess she looked over and saw my son and waved," he said, "but she didn't see my daughter."
The car hit Renee and "sucked (her) right under the car," Pulley said.
The father rushed to the front of the car to attempt to pull his daughter to safety. That's when neighbors rushed to his aid, he said, and together they lifted the vehicle off the girl.
"We just lifted it up and got her out," Pulley said.
When the car was lifted, Renee was able to move out from underneath it on her own, the father said. She was flown to Primary Children's Medical Center, where she's now undergoing treatment for deep cuts to her head and legs.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence... 10