PROVO — A Utah County family is thanking neighbors who helped save the life of a 3-year-old girl who was run over by a car near her home.
"The way the neighbors reacted, it was really impressive," said Michael Pulley, the girl's father.
Pulley said his daughter, Renee, was riding a scooter with her brother outside the family's Provo home about 7:30 p.m. Sunday. The father was talking with neighbors when another neighbor pulled into a nearby driveway.
"I guess she looked over and saw my son and waved," he said, "but she didn't see my daughter."
The car hit Renee and "sucked (her) right under the car," Pulley said.
The father rushed to the front of the car to attempt to pull his daughter to safety. That's when neighbors rushed to his aid, he said, and together they lifted the vehicle off the girl.
"We just lifted it up and got her out," Pulley said.
When the car was lifted, Renee was able to move out from underneath it on her own, the father said. She was flown to Primary Children's Medical Center, where she's now undergoing treatment for deep cuts to her head and legs.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 25
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Granite School District reaches... 17