PROVO — A Utah County family is thanking neighbors who helped save the life of a 3-year-old girl who was run over by a car near her home.
"The way the neighbors reacted, it was really impressive," said Michael Pulley, the girl's father.
Pulley said his daughter, Renee, was riding a scooter with her brother outside the family's Provo home about 7:30 p.m. Sunday. The father was talking with neighbors when another neighbor pulled into a nearby driveway.
"I guess she looked over and saw my son and waved," he said, "but she didn't see my daughter."
The car hit Renee and "sucked (her) right under the car," Pulley said.
The father rushed to the front of the car to attempt to pull his daughter to safety. That's when neighbors rushed to his aid, he said, and together they lifted the vehicle off the girl.
"We just lifted it up and got her out," Pulley said.
When the car was lifted, Renee was able to move out from underneath it on her own, the father said. She was flown to Primary Children's Medical Center, where she's now undergoing treatment for deep cuts to her head and legs.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to same-sex...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Third person arrested in Carbon County...
- About Utah: For 95-year-old, the secret to...
- Utah families share tragic stories of teens...
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Federal government extends same-sex... 31
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 24
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 23
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15