JACKSON, Wyo. — Two Utahns were killed Saturday when a car stuck a motorcycle in Teton County, Wyo.
Arnold Monk, 72, of Layton, and Gerald West, 57, of Ogden, were killed in the accident about 18 miles south of Jackson.
Monk was a passenger in a car being driven by Gloria Monk, 69, of Layton, when the vehicle drifted off the right side of the highway, according to a news release from the Wyoming Highway Patrol.
The driver over-corrected, causing the vehicle to travel into the northbound lane.
West was riding his motorcycle north and was unable to stop or avoid the car, police said. He crashed into the front passenger side of the car.
Police said they weren't sure why the car drifted off the road.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 13
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9