JACKSON, Wyo. — Two Utahns were killed Saturday when a car stuck a motorcycle in Teton County, Wyo.
Arnold Monk, 72, of Layton, and Gerald West, 57, of Ogden, were killed in the accident about 18 miles south of Jackson.
Monk was a passenger in a car being driven by Gloria Monk, 69, of Layton, when the vehicle drifted off the right side of the highway, according to a news release from the Wyoming Highway Patrol.
The driver over-corrected, causing the vehicle to travel into the northbound lane.
West was riding his motorcycle north and was unable to stop or avoid the car, police said. He crashed into the front passenger side of the car.
Police said they weren't sure why the car drifted off the road.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14