JACKSON, Wyo. — Two Utahns were killed Saturday when a car stuck a motorcycle in Teton County, Wyo.
Arnold Monk, 72, of Layton, and Gerald West, 57, of Ogden, were killed in the accident about 18 miles south of Jackson.
Monk was a passenger in a car being driven by Gloria Monk, 69, of Layton, when the vehicle drifted off the right side of the highway, according to a news release from the Wyoming Highway Patrol.
The driver over-corrected, causing the vehicle to travel into the northbound lane.
West was riding his motorcycle north and was unable to stop or avoid the car, police said. He crashed into the front passenger side of the car.
Police said they weren't sure why the car drifted off the road.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8