JACKSON, Wyo. — Two Utahns were killed Saturday when a car stuck a motorcycle in Teton County, Wyo.
Arnold Monk, 72, of Layton, and Gerald West, 57, of Ogden, were killed in the accident about 18 miles south of Jackson.
Monk was a passenger in a car being driven by Gloria Monk, 69, of Layton, when the vehicle drifted off the right side of the highway, according to a news release from the Wyoming Highway Patrol.
The driver over-corrected, causing the vehicle to travel into the northbound lane.
West was riding his motorcycle north and was unable to stop or avoid the car, police said. He crashed into the front passenger side of the car.
Police said they weren't sure why the car drifted off the road.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23