JACKSON, Wyo. — Two Utahns were killed Saturday when a car stuck a motorcycle in Teton County, Wyo.
Arnold Monk, 72, of Layton, and Gerald West, 57, of Ogden, were killed in the accident about 18 miles south of Jackson.
Monk was a passenger in a car being driven by Gloria Monk, 69, of Layton, when the vehicle drifted off the right side of the highway, according to a news release from the Wyoming Highway Patrol.
The driver over-corrected, causing the vehicle to travel into the northbound lane.
West was riding his motorcycle north and was unable to stop or avoid the car, police said. He crashed into the front passenger side of the car.
Police said they weren't sure why the car drifted off the road.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9