BOUNTIFUL — Mueller Park Junior High was recently awarded the National Association of Middle School Principals/Lifetouch School of the Year award.
The NAMSP is made up of more than 3,000 schools, representing 39 states and 545 school districts.
The school received an award of $1,500 and a crystal trophy. Lifetouch School Photography will make a presentation to the school during the Back to School Assembly Sept. 6.
Seven members of the NAMSP Board of Directors reviewed the applications for the award. The review included five years of sustainable academic excellence, interventions for highly accelerated students as well as students at risk, and use of progressive programs.
Mueller Park was recognized for its Credit Recovery Program, character education advisory, student-led conferences and counseling interventions.
Additionally, Principal Joyce Jones will serve as the Region 7 director for NAMSP.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11