BOUNTIFUL — Mueller Park Junior High was recently awarded the National Association of Middle School Principals/Lifetouch School of the Year award.
The NAMSP is made up of more than 3,000 schools, representing 39 states and 545 school districts.
The school received an award of $1,500 and a crystal trophy. Lifetouch School Photography will make a presentation to the school during the Back to School Assembly Sept. 6.
Seven members of the NAMSP Board of Directors reviewed the applications for the award. The review included five years of sustainable academic excellence, interventions for highly accelerated students as well as students at risk, and use of progressive programs.
Mueller Park was recognized for its Credit Recovery Program, character education advisory, student-led conferences and counseling interventions.
Additionally, Principal Joyce Jones will serve as the Region 7 director for NAMSP.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 18
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10