BOUNTIFUL — Mueller Park Junior High was recently awarded the National Association of Middle School Principals/Lifetouch School of the Year award.
The NAMSP is made up of more than 3,000 schools, representing 39 states and 545 school districts.
The school received an award of $1,500 and a crystal trophy. Lifetouch School Photography will make a presentation to the school during the Back to School Assembly Sept. 6.
Seven members of the NAMSP Board of Directors reviewed the applications for the award. The review included five years of sustainable academic excellence, interventions for highly accelerated students as well as students at risk, and use of progressive programs.
Mueller Park was recognized for its Credit Recovery Program, character education advisory, student-led conferences and counseling interventions.
Additionally, Principal Joyce Jones will serve as the Region 7 director for NAMSP.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 88
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18