BOUNTIFUL — Mueller Park Junior High was recently awarded the National Association of Middle School Principals/Lifetouch School of the Year award.
The NAMSP is made up of more than 3,000 schools, representing 39 states and 545 school districts.
The school received an award of $1,500 and a crystal trophy. Lifetouch School Photography will make a presentation to the school during the Back to School Assembly Sept. 6.
Seven members of the NAMSP Board of Directors reviewed the applications for the award. The review included five years of sustainable academic excellence, interventions for highly accelerated students as well as students at risk, and use of progressive programs.
Mueller Park was recognized for its Credit Recovery Program, character education advisory, student-led conferences and counseling interventions.
Additionally, Principal Joyce Jones will serve as the Region 7 director for NAMSP.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8