BOUNTIFUL — Mueller Park Junior High was recently awarded the National Association of Middle School Principals/Lifetouch School of the Year award.
The NAMSP is made up of more than 3,000 schools, representing 39 states and 545 school districts.
The school received an award of $1,500 and a crystal trophy. Lifetouch School Photography will make a presentation to the school during the Back to School Assembly Sept. 6.
Seven members of the NAMSP Board of Directors reviewed the applications for the award. The review included five years of sustainable academic excellence, interventions for highly accelerated students as well as students at risk, and use of progressive programs.
Mueller Park was recognized for its Credit Recovery Program, character education advisory, student-led conferences and counseling interventions.
Additionally, Principal Joyce Jones will serve as the Region 7 director for NAMSP.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political insiders say...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12