Blue roundup: Website tabs Mendenhall worst dressed college coach
PROVO — BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall is the worst dressed college football coach in the country, according to Lostletterman.com, reminiscent of "a middle-aged, early-morning jogger."
"In their nascent independence, BYU wants to be taken as seriously (and regarded at the same national level) as Notre Dame. Memo to Mendenhall: That requires you at least trying to look magnanimous," says the Website. "For a school that has a dress code, Mendenhall's outfits are especially poor. Instead of a polo shirt, he opts for a ratty-looking t-shirt. Instead of khakis, he has BYU-issued warm-ups. And when the weather dips? He likes to wear a long-sleave shirt under the t-shirt. One can only hope that he dresses better when meeting with recruits or attending coaches’ dinners."
Other coaches that made the top 10 list include Kansas' Charlie Weis, Oregon's Chip Kelly, and Michigan's Brady Hoke.
Former BYU receiver Nate Meikle will be back this season as KSL's sideline reporter. Read his blog about returning to the airwaves.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26