Evan Vucci, File, Associated Press
A group supporting Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has taken sloganeering into its own hands, adopting the Mormon adage “Choose the Right” at the expense of Team Romney’s official slogan, “Believe in America.”
BuzzFeed’s McKay Coppins reported Monday, “The rogue messaging represents the latest episode in an awkward dance that's been taking place all year between a candidate who rarely acknowledges his faith and an enthusiastic base of Mormon voters who are proud to see their church produce a serious presidential contender. Volunteers handed out posters with the slogan at a festival in Provo in July, and the group has sent bumper stickers to fellow Mormon Romney supporters across the country. Buttons and wristbands can also be purchased at their website, RomneyCTR.com."
On its Facebook page, the “Romney: Choose the Right” group describes itself thusly: “We are patriots, believers in the Constitution, concerned citizens and ready to make a difference. We are supporting Mitt Romney for president. We are unaffiliated with the Romney campaign, any political action committee and any super political action committee.
“We feel that the best way to support our candidate is by organizing and rallying like-minded people who understand that Gov. Romney is our best opportunity to restore America to the land of promise that our founders envisioned.”
The juggernaut that is Romney’s joint fund-raising campaign won’t soon miss whatever money RomneyCTR.com can scrape together, as Team Romney announced Monday it had raised $101.3 million during July — handily beating the $75 million that President Barack Obama’s campaign took in last month.
“Mitt Romney’s joint fund-raising committee (out-raised) President Obama’s joint committee for the third straight month,” the Boston Globe’s Callum Borchers wrote Monday. “Romney’s joint committee — which collects money for his campaign, the Republican National Committee and several state GOP committees — now has $185.9 million cash on hand.”
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- John Lennon's killer: My life is all about...
- Student evades monitors, spreads Ebola to...
- Mexico authorities stage midnight migrant raid
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- US delivers military aid to Lebanese army
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- Washington city fights to keep legal...
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 25
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14