CAMP WILLIAMS — A lightning-caused fire is burning at the southern edge of Camp Williams property, but no buildings are being threatened by flames.
The Utah National Guard said crews from Saratoga Springs, Bluffdale, and Eagle Mountain on scene to help prevent movement of fire to the south, and the fire had spread to 100 acres.
The fire was sparked after a blustery front with high winds and lightning moved across Salt Lake County a little bit after 8 p.m.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13