CAMP WILLIAMS — A lightning-caused fire is burning at the southern edge of Camp Williams property, but no buildings are being threatened by flames.
The Utah National Guard said crews from Saratoga Springs, Bluffdale, and Eagle Mountain on scene to help prevent movement of fire to the south, and the fire had spread to 100 acres.
The fire was sparked after a blustery front with high winds and lightning moved across Salt Lake County a little bit after 8 p.m.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Police seek your help finding man, woman in...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Rally in support of police also draws... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 21
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9