CAMP WILLIAMS — A lightning-caused fire is burning at the southern edge of Camp Williams property, but no buildings are being threatened by flames.
The Utah National Guard said crews from Saratoga Springs, Bluffdale, and Eagle Mountain on scene to help prevent movement of fire to the south, and the fire had spread to 100 acres.
The fire was sparked after a blustery front with high winds and lightning moved across Salt Lake County a little bit after 8 p.m.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 11