TAYLORSVILLE — A 1-year-old boy sitting on a motorcycle in front of his father died Sunday after the motorcycle went out of control and crashed in an apartment complex.
Unified Police Authority spokesman Levi Hughes said the 2:40 p.m. accident happened in the Bridgeside Apartment Complex, 4251 S. Bridgeside Way (700 West).
The toddler's father placed him on the gas tank between him and the handlebars and was driving at an excessive rate of speed when he tried to negotiate a turn, Hughes said. Although the father attempted to slow down, he was unable to do so in time and the motorcycle went out of control, with both him and son flying off, Hughes said.
The father was taken to an area hospital for his injuries, while the boy was pronounced dead at the scene.
Names of the victim and his father have not yet been released.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 37
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17