SALT LAKE CITY — Police are searching for a transient involved in the stabbing of a Salt Lake City man early Sunday morning.
Police were called about 2 a.m. to an apartment complex near 700 North and 900 West, where a husband and wife had been arguing, said Salt Lake City Police Lt. Scott White.
The argument started inside the couple's apartment but later moved into the parking lot of the complex, White said. At some point during the fight, the husband choked the wife, he said.
A transient who spends time in the area and is known to the couple got involved in the fight and ended up stabbing the husband in the neck with Chinese throwing star, White said.
"We don't know whether (the transient) threw it at (the husband) or if he used it (like a knife) to cut him in the neck," he said.
The man was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition, White said.
Police were still searching Sunday for a transient known as "Strange" in connection with the incident.
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 37
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 28
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 17