SALT LAKE CITY — Police are searching for a transient involved in the stabbing of a Salt Lake City man early Sunday morning.
Police were called about 2 a.m. to an apartment complex near 700 North and 900 West, where a husband and wife had been arguing, said Salt Lake City Police Lt. Scott White.
The argument started inside the couple's apartment but later moved into the parking lot of the complex, White said. At some point during the fight, the husband choked the wife, he said.
A transient who spends time in the area and is known to the couple got involved in the fight and ended up stabbing the husband in the neck with Chinese throwing star, White said.
"We don't know whether (the transient) threw it at (the husband) or if he used it (like a knife) to cut him in the neck," he said.
The man was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition, White said.
Police were still searching Sunday for a transient known as "Strange" in connection with the incident.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- Understanding Israel and Hamas: Why this...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26