SALT LAKE CITY — Police are searching for a transient involved in the stabbing of a Salt Lake City man early Sunday morning.
Police were called about 2 a.m. to an apartment complex near 700 North and 900 West, where a husband and wife had been arguing, said Salt Lake City Police Lt. Scott White.
The argument started inside the couple's apartment but later moved into the parking lot of the complex, White said. At some point during the fight, the husband choked the wife, he said.
A transient who spends time in the area and is known to the couple got involved in the fight and ended up stabbing the husband in the neck with Chinese throwing star, White said.
"We don't know whether (the transient) threw it at (the husband) or if he used it (like a knife) to cut him in the neck," he said.
The man was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition, White said.
Police were still searching Sunday for a transient known as "Strange" in connection with the incident.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15