HONEYVILLE, Box Elder — A mother and son were transported to the hospital after the semitrailer they were riding in tipped over on a state Route 13 off-ramp.
Officials said a man, woman and six children were traveling southbound on the exit 276 off-ramp when the semitrailer tipped over onto the curb. The woman suffered a back injury and one child suffered a severe broken leg. They were transported by ambulance and helicopter to an area hospital.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation, officials said. No citations were issued. The exit 276 was temporarily closed as authorities work to remove the semitrailer.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13