Former LDS Church leaders tabbed for Utah higher education boards
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A former LDS Church historian and a former general Relief Society president have been nominated to serve on state higher education boards.
Gov. Gary Herbert proposed Thursday that the Utah Senate appoint Elder Marlin K. Jensen to the State Board of Regents and Julie B. Beck to the Dixie State College Board of Trustees.
Elder Jensen will be released from the First Quorum of the Seventy and given emeritus status in October. He served as church historian from April 2005 to January of this year.
Beck was released as president of the Relief Society in April after five years of service.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11