Former LDS Church leaders tabbed for Utah higher education boards
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A former LDS Church historian and a former general Relief Society president have been nominated to serve on state higher education boards.
Gov. Gary Herbert proposed Thursday that the Utah Senate appoint Elder Marlin K. Jensen to the State Board of Regents and Julie B. Beck to the Dixie State College Board of Trustees.
Elder Jensen will be released from the First Quorum of the Seventy and given emeritus status in October. He served as church historian from April 2005 to January of this year.
Beck was released as president of the Relief Society in April after five years of service.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12