Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A former LDS Church historian and a former general Relief Society president have been nominated to serve on state higher education boards.
Gov. Gary Herbert proposed Thursday that the Utah Senate appoint Elder Marlin K. Jensen to the State Board of Regents and Julie B. Beck to the Dixie State College Board of Trustees.
Elder Jensen will be released from the First Quorum of the Seventy and given emeritus status in October. He served as church historian from April 2005 to January of this year.
Beck was released as president of the Relief Society in April after five years of service.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Former A.G. John Swallow left office with...
- Christmas giving project makes former patient...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 75
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18