OREM — Two cities in the top 10 "Best Cities for Successful Aging" are in Utah, according to the nonprofit Milken Institute's latest study.
The Provo-Orem metro area took first place, and Salt Lake City tied with Des Moines, Iowa, for sixth.
"I'm delighted to know that when I retire I'll be able to return to my home in Orem and live out my post-political days in such a highly regarded place for an old-timer like me," Gov. Gary Herbert said. "But truthfully, this study just shows that Utah is the best place for everyone, from young families to those who are young at heart."
Provo-Orem was recognized for its active lifestyle, access to services, vibrant economy, security and sense of community. For Salt Lake City, the study cited a strong financial infrastructure, access to transit and grocery stores, learning environment and abundant health care resources.
To read the full study, visit successfulaging.milkeninstitute.org/best-cities-successful-aging.pdf.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 26