OREM — Two cities in the top 10 "Best Cities for Successful Aging" are in Utah, according to the nonprofit Milken Institute's latest study.
The Provo-Orem metro area took first place, and Salt Lake City tied with Des Moines, Iowa, for sixth.
"I'm delighted to know that when I retire I'll be able to return to my home in Orem and live out my post-political days in such a highly regarded place for an old-timer like me," Gov. Gary Herbert said. "But truthfully, this study just shows that Utah is the best place for everyone, from young families to those who are young at heart."
Provo-Orem was recognized for its active lifestyle, access to services, vibrant economy, security and sense of community. For Salt Lake City, the study cited a strong financial infrastructure, access to transit and grocery stores, learning environment and abundant health care resources.
To read the full study, visit successfulaging.milkeninstitute.org/best-cities-successful-aging.pdf.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17