CLEARFIELD — The Utah Department of Transportation has completed an environmental study on a proposed extension of state Route 193, from 2000 West in Syracuse to a connection with state Route 126 (State Street) at 700 North in Clearfield, and will commence construction efforts on this alignment soon.
The proposed action would consist of implementation of a new five-lane road south of the existing 200 South beginning at 2000 West. Then, 200 South would function as a residential access road.
At approximately 500 West, the alignment would turn southeast on a new road alignment west of and parallel to the Utah Transit Authority right-of-way to 700 South. At 700 South, the alignment would turn east and continue along 700 South to State Street, where it would connect with the existing state Route 193. That intersection will facilitate safe truck and other vehicular access to the Clearfield Freeport Center.
East of the intersection, a new bridge will be constructed to separate traffic on the roadway from heavy railroad traffic at the Union Pacific Railroad and UTA FrontRunner main lines. Other roadway improvements will also be made between the railroad corridor and state Route 126.
Properties along the proposed route have been purchased by UDOT for this project, and they are being removed in order to relocate city utilities in preparation for it. These buildings are the property of the state of Utah and entering them without permission is considered trespassing
UDOT will seek bids on this project in late fall. Construction will begin as soon as bids have been received and a contractor selected.
For more information, please call the project hotline at 800-948-4002.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 120
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 25
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12