Brendan Sullivan, Deseret News
This year's Salt Lake County Fair, Aug. 8-11, will feature everything from bull riding and mutton bustin' to a pie eating contest.
The event also includes rodeos, concerts, contests, activities, farm animals, a Dutch oven cook-off, 4-H exhibits and more.
Held at the Equestrian Park and Events Center, 2100 W. 11400 South, South Jordan, the fair returns as a family-friendly venue with activities for all ages and free admission. There will, however, be a $7 parking fee.
A free concert featuring Josh Gracin, Jon Pardi and Jana Kramer will be held Aug. 8 at 6:30 p.m. Although free, a ticket is required and available at participating Mountain America Credit Union branches or the Salt Lake County Fair Grounds.
New to the fair this year is a paid concert, to be held on Aug. 9 at 7 p.m., featuring artist Kix Brooks, best known as half of the Brooks & Dunn duo. Tickets are $10 in advance and $13 day of the show, and may be purchased in advance at www.Z104.regtix.com. Opening acts include Gwen Sebastian and Matt Stillwell.
For more information call 801-254-0106 or visit www.countyfair.slco.org
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- The cost of child care trumps rent —...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- The Clean Cut: Peewee football players dance...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker performs tribute to...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 5
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- The cost of child care trumps rent... 3
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Your presence is... 2
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending 2