ROCKPORT, Summit County — Bird enthusiasts can see ospreys and learn more about them during a free field trip on Saturday, Aug. 4. The Division of Wildlife Resources will host the trip in Summit County.
With their five-foot wing span, the ospreys will be easy to see. Those who attend the field trip might even see some turkey vultures and great blue herons, says Bob Walters, Watchable Wildlife coordinator for the DWR.
To participate in the field trip, meet at the Rockport Reservoir dam from 6 to 7 p.m. To reach Rockport, travel on I-80 to Wanship, then exit the freeway and travel south on state Route 32 to the dam.
From the dam, attendees will follow Walters in their vehicles to viewing sites in and near Coalville, Wanship and Rockport State Park.
Walters will have some binoculars and spotting scopes available, but those who have their own are encouraged to bring them. For more information, call Walters at 801-209-5326.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 32
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17