ROCKPORT, Summit County — Bird enthusiasts can see ospreys and learn more about them during a free field trip on Saturday, Aug. 4. The Division of Wildlife Resources will host the trip in Summit County.
With their five-foot wing span, the ospreys will be easy to see. Those who attend the field trip might even see some turkey vultures and great blue herons, says Bob Walters, Watchable Wildlife coordinator for the DWR.
To participate in the field trip, meet at the Rockport Reservoir dam from 6 to 7 p.m. To reach Rockport, travel on I-80 to Wanship, then exit the freeway and travel south on state Route 32 to the dam.
From the dam, attendees will follow Walters in their vehicles to viewing sites in and near Coalville, Wanship and Rockport State Park.
Walters will have some binoculars and spotting scopes available, but those who have their own are encouraged to bring them. For more information, call Walters at 801-209-5326.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Women innovators leading by example
- 20 years later, parents of missing Spanish...
- Midvale teen ran over mom with car after...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Price teen killed in Carbon County crash
- Body of woman found near hiking trail in...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 53
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 17
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10