ROCKPORT, Summit County — Bird enthusiasts can see ospreys and learn more about them during a free field trip on Saturday, Aug. 4. The Division of Wildlife Resources will host the trip in Summit County.
With their five-foot wing span, the ospreys will be easy to see. Those who attend the field trip might even see some turkey vultures and great blue herons, says Bob Walters, Watchable Wildlife coordinator for the DWR.
To participate in the field trip, meet at the Rockport Reservoir dam from 6 to 7 p.m. To reach Rockport, travel on I-80 to Wanship, then exit the freeway and travel south on state Route 32 to the dam.
From the dam, attendees will follow Walters in their vehicles to viewing sites in and near Coalville, Wanship and Rockport State Park.
Walters will have some binoculars and spotting scopes available, but those who have their own are encouraged to bring them. For more information, call Walters at 801-209-5326.
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 35
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 28
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 17
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 17