Our take: Although this accident and story are tragic, the family admirably forgives the suspected drunk driver for taking their father.
ESCONDIDO, Calif. — An Escondido man who was killed Saturday when his motorcycle was hit by a suspected drunken driver was a recently retired neurophysiologist who was preparing with his wife to serve an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the family said in a statement Monday.
Dr. Robin Vaughan's motorcycle collided with a Dodge Ram truck headed the wrong direction on Interstate 15 near Via Rancho Parkway in Escondido about 12:40 p.m. Saturday, the California Highway Patrol said.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
Read more about Man killed by suspected DUI driver a father of five on U~T San Diego.
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- Defending the Faith: When the criticisms of...
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better...
- Angel Moroni placed atop Indianapolis temple
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 46
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 24
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 11