Our take: Although this accident and story are tragic, the family admirably forgives the suspected drunk driver for taking their father.
ESCONDIDO, Calif. — An Escondido man who was killed Saturday when his motorcycle was hit by a suspected drunken driver was a recently retired neurophysiologist who was preparing with his wife to serve an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the family said in a statement Monday.
Dr. Robin Vaughan's motorcycle collided with a Dodge Ram truck headed the wrong direction on Interstate 15 near Via Rancho Parkway in Escondido about 12:40 p.m. Saturday, the California Highway Patrol said.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
Read more about Man killed by suspected DUI driver a father of five on U~T San Diego.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Provo's waffle truck was started by a...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New collaboration helps track pioneer...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Thirty countries require leaders to belong to...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 23
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 4
- Having trouble understanding the Bible?... 4
- Seventh-day Adventist leader calls on... 3