Our take: Although this accident and story are tragic, the family admirably forgives the suspected drunk driver for taking their father.
ESCONDIDO, Calif. — An Escondido man who was killed Saturday when his motorcycle was hit by a suspected drunken driver was a recently retired neurophysiologist who was preparing with his wife to serve an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the family said in a statement Monday.
Dr. Robin Vaughan's motorcycle collided with a Dodge Ram truck headed the wrong direction on Interstate 15 near Via Rancho Parkway in Escondido about 12:40 p.m. Saturday, the California Highway Patrol said.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
Read more about Man killed by suspected DUI driver a father of five on U~T San Diego.
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- Thousands gather for LDS Women's Meeting
- LDS general conference marks 90th, 65th...
- Defending the Faith: Thinking clearly about...
- New Jersey teen to join fight against... 62
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 13
- 5 things to remember when you think God... 10
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3
- Watch: September 2014 General Women's... 2
- Jerry Earl Johnston: A celebrated... 2