Our take: Although this accident and story are tragic, the family admirably forgives the suspected drunk driver for taking their father.
ESCONDIDO, Calif. — An Escondido man who was killed Saturday when his motorcycle was hit by a suspected drunken driver was a recently retired neurophysiologist who was preparing with his wife to serve an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the family said in a statement Monday.
Dr. Robin Vaughan's motorcycle collided with a Dodge Ram truck headed the wrong direction on Interstate 15 near Via Rancho Parkway in Escondido about 12:40 p.m. Saturday, the California Highway Patrol said.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
Read more about Man killed by suspected DUI driver a father of five on U~T San Diego.
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 43
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 14
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- New Harmony: Ogling the penmanship of... 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4