Utah State softball announced Tuesday that registration is now open for its 2012 Aggie softball camps that will be held through November, both on the Utah State University campus and in Signal Hill, Calif.
Under the direction of Utah State softball head coach Carissa Millsap-Kalaba, her staff and current Aggie players will hold six camps during the month of August. Each camp will be focused on a particular position or skill including hitting, pitching, catching and infield specialties.
The first two August camps will be held in Signal Hill, Calif., at the On-Deck Batting Cages. Two clinics will be held on Thursday Aug. 2, starting with a pitchers and catchers clinic from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (PT). Registration is $150 and is limited to six players of each position. An afternoon hitting clinic will be held from 2:30-4:30 p.m. Registration for that camp is $100 and is limited to 30 players ranging from ages 12 to 18.
Camps on Friday, Aug. 3 will begin with an infield clinic from 1-3 p.m. Registration is $90 and is open to 30 athletes, who can be ages 12 to 18. The California camps will conclude with a second hitting clinic from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Millsap-Kalaba will return to Logan and the LaRee & LeGrand Johnson Field for the remainder of the skills camps, starting with an offense and defense prospect camp on Saturday, Aug. 11. The clinic will run from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (MT) and is open to 25 girls, ages 12 to 18. Registration is $100.
The final camp for the month of August is a pitcher and catcher clinic on Saturday, Aug. 18. The camp is open to players of all ages, but only six of each of the two positions. Registration is $150 and will be highlighted by the three-to-one ratio of players and coaches.
Registration fees for each of the Aggie softball camps include a t-shirt, a player evaluation and a snack. Athletes can register online at www.aggiesoftballcamps.com.
2012 Utah State Softball Camp Schedule
Pitchers and Catchers Clinic and Hitting Clinic - August 2
Infield and Hitting Clinic - August 3
Prospect Camp: Offensive and Defensive Camp - August 11
Pitcher/Catcher Clinic - August 18
Offensive and Defensive Clinic - September 8
Jr. Aggie Softball Camp - September 8
Prospect Camp: Offensive and Defensive Camp - October 13
Offensive/Defensive Camp - November 10
Jr. Aggie Softball Camp – November 10
Fans can follow the Aggie softball program at twitter.com/USUSoftball or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/USUSoftball. Aggie fans can also follow the Utah State athletic program at twitter.com/USUAthletics or on Facebook at Utah State University Athletics.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- High school football: Reigning Mr. Football...
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and Cecil O....
- Ready to roll: US national soccer team ready...
- Brad Rock: Taking American soccer to heart
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their own...
- Utah Jazz: Massive, state-of-the-art...
- Twitter reaction: U.S. men's soccer team...
- Utah Jazz: Possible Jazz draftee Michael...
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their... 155
- High school football: Reigning Mr.... 51
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and... 30
- Phil Steele ranks USU 2nd-most... 28
- Teen's family apologizes to family of... 21
- Austin Collie's workout with San... 18
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Unprecedented... 18
- Utes basketball: Utah conducting... 16