SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah has filled two vacancies on its roster of communications professionals.
Brian Rasmussen is the new marketing director and will oversee a team of creative professionals, including graphic designers and copywriters who provide strategic guidance to clients across campus. Rasmussen will work with the university team to ensure the integrity of the U.’s brand is maintained and its story is told consistently and effectively.
A University of Utah graduate, Rasmussen has worked at several agencies and also owned an advertising firm. He has developed marketing campaigns for high-profile clients, including Intermountain Healthcare and Utah Transit Authority, which led to his involvement in marketing and branding public transit agencies nationwide. He also served as past president of the Utah Advertising Federation.
Barb Smith also joins the department as executive communications manager. Smith will serve as speech writer for U. President David Pershing and as a senior member of the communications staff. Smith comes to the U. from KTVX in Salt Lake City, where she worked as an anchor-reporter for the past 21 years.
In addition to her on-air duties, Smith has served as an adjunct professor at Brigham Young University, a member of the board of trustees at Utah Valley University and spokeswoman for the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- Mom whose unbuckled child died was cited for...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 84
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 54
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 45
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15