Cougars lead nation with 16 All-Academic Track & Field team members
NEW ORLEANS -- Sixteen Cougars were named to the men’s 2012 Division I All-Academic Track & Field team -- the most by any school in the country.
The All-Academic team, which was announced by the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA), is made up of student-athletes who have proven their academic and athletic prowess.
To qualify for the All-Academic team, a student-athlete must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.25. In addition, each student-athlete must have met either of the following athletic standards:
- Finished the regular season ranked in the national top 96 in an individual event or ranked in the national top 48 in a relay event (Indoor).
- Participated in any round of the NCAA Division I Championships.
In addition to the individual student-athlete honors, the BYU men’s track and field team was one of 85 teams to receive All-Academic team honors from the USTFCCCA. The Cougars also finished the 2011-12 season ranked No. 7 in the final Division I Program of the Year Standings.
For a list of BYU's 2012 All-Academic Track & Field student-athletes, click here.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at email@example.com.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24