Cougars lead nation with 16 All-Academic Track & Field team members
NEW ORLEANS -- Sixteen Cougars were named to the men’s 2012 Division I All-Academic Track & Field team -- the most by any school in the country.
The All-Academic team, which was announced by the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA), is made up of student-athletes who have proven their academic and athletic prowess.
To qualify for the All-Academic team, a student-athlete must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.25. In addition, each student-athlete must have met either of the following athletic standards:
- Finished the regular season ranked in the national top 96 in an individual event or ranked in the national top 48 in a relay event (Indoor).
- Participated in any round of the NCAA Division I Championships.
In addition to the individual student-athlete honors, the BYU men’s track and field team was one of 85 teams to receive All-Academic team honors from the USTFCCCA. The Cougars also finished the 2011-12 season ranked No. 7 in the final Division I Program of the Year Standings.
For a list of BYU's 2012 All-Academic Track & Field student-athletes, click here.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at email@example.com.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 93
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 77
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 53
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 39