Cougars lead nation with 16 All-Academic Track & Field team members
NEW ORLEANS -- Sixteen Cougars were named to the men’s 2012 Division I All-Academic Track & Field team -- the most by any school in the country.
The All-Academic team, which was announced by the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA), is made up of student-athletes who have proven their academic and athletic prowess.
To qualify for the All-Academic team, a student-athlete must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.25. In addition, each student-athlete must have met either of the following athletic standards:
- Finished the regular season ranked in the national top 96 in an individual event or ranked in the national top 48 in a relay event (Indoor).
- Participated in any round of the NCAA Division I Championships.
In addition to the individual student-athlete honors, the BYU men’s track and field team was one of 85 teams to receive All-Academic team honors from the USTFCCCA. The Cougars also finished the 2011-12 season ranked No. 7 in the final Division I Program of the Year Standings.
For a list of BYU's 2012 All-Academic Track & Field student-athletes, click here.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at email@example.com.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19