Cougars lead nation with 16 All-Academic Track & Field team members
NEW ORLEANS -- Sixteen Cougars were named to the men’s 2012 Division I All-Academic Track & Field team -- the most by any school in the country.
The All-Academic team, which was announced by the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA), is made up of student-athletes who have proven their academic and athletic prowess.
To qualify for the All-Academic team, a student-athlete must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.25. In addition, each student-athlete must have met either of the following athletic standards:
- Finished the regular season ranked in the national top 96 in an individual event or ranked in the national top 48 in a relay event (Indoor).
- Participated in any round of the NCAA Division I Championships.
In addition to the individual student-athlete honors, the BYU men’s track and field team was one of 85 teams to receive All-Academic team honors from the USTFCCCA. The Cougars also finished the 2011-12 season ranked No. 7 in the final Division I Program of the Year Standings.
For a list of BYU's 2012 All-Academic Track & Field student-athletes, click here.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Morning links: Former BYU player Paul Lasike...
- Dick Harmon: As camps open, Utes, Cougs and...
- Back from injury, BYU QB Taysom Hill wants...
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Utes football fan raising money to put 'Utah'...
- Dante Exum returning to Utah after injuring...
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- High school football: Alta Hawks 2015 preview
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 30
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 24
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 17
- Dick Harmon: As camps open, Utes, Cougs... 17
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other... 16