LAYTON — Leslie Christiansen has been named 2012 Nurse Manager of the Year following a nomination from Davis Hospital and Medical Center staff and physicians. The award is sponsored by the Emergency Nurse Association.
The award and title, presented to Christiansen on Sept. 15 at the National Emergency Nurses Association Conference in San Diego, is based on a nurse manager’s accomplishments within the medical department, leadership role and relationship with medical staff, and commitment to patients, the team he or she manages, and the overall work it takes to aid in the productiveness of a hospital.
Christiansen, a registered nurse and certified emergency nurse, works in an administrative role as emergency department director and serves as nurse manager in the emergency department. She has worked a total of 20 years at Davis Hospital, nine in the emergency department. She also takes on the role of mentor to new or struggling nurses in her department and has created a mentoring program to assist each nurse and encourage her entire staff to work together.
One of Christiansen’s accomplishments was to help make Davis Hospital a certified Stroke Receiving Facility, which is any medical center that has procedures, equipment, and protocol in place to minimize the delay in stroke care. Christiansen dedicated her time to help the hospital become certified and establish collaboration with University of Utah neurologists.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17