LAYTON — Leslie Christiansen has been named 2012 Nurse Manager of the Year following a nomination from Davis Hospital and Medical Center staff and physicians. The award is sponsored by the Emergency Nurse Association.
The award and title, presented to Christiansen on Sept. 15 at the National Emergency Nurses Association Conference in San Diego, is based on a nurse manager’s accomplishments within the medical department, leadership role and relationship with medical staff, and commitment to patients, the team he or she manages, and the overall work it takes to aid in the productiveness of a hospital.
Christiansen, a registered nurse and certified emergency nurse, works in an administrative role as emergency department director and serves as nurse manager in the emergency department. She has worked a total of 20 years at Davis Hospital, nine in the emergency department. She also takes on the role of mentor to new or struggling nurses in her department and has created a mentoring program to assist each nurse and encourage her entire staff to work together.
One of Christiansen’s accomplishments was to help make Davis Hospital a certified Stroke Receiving Facility, which is any medical center that has procedures, equipment, and protocol in place to minimize the delay in stroke care. Christiansen dedicated her time to help the hospital become certified and establish collaboration with University of Utah neurologists.
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- FBI investigating shooting of Fort Duchesne man
- Artifact vandalism near Moab a growing problem
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 49
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 23
- Birth father rights the focus of two... 22