LAYTON — Leslie Christiansen has been named 2012 Nurse Manager of the Year following a nomination from Davis Hospital and Medical Center staff and physicians. The award is sponsored by the Emergency Nurse Association.
The award and title, presented to Christiansen on Sept. 15 at the National Emergency Nurses Association Conference in San Diego, is based on a nurse manager’s accomplishments within the medical department, leadership role and relationship with medical staff, and commitment to patients, the team he or she manages, and the overall work it takes to aid in the productiveness of a hospital.
Christiansen, a registered nurse and certified emergency nurse, works in an administrative role as emergency department director and serves as nurse manager in the emergency department. She has worked a total of 20 years at Davis Hospital, nine in the emergency department. She also takes on the role of mentor to new or struggling nurses in her department and has created a mentoring program to assist each nurse and encourage her entire staff to work together.
One of Christiansen’s accomplishments was to help make Davis Hospital a certified Stroke Receiving Facility, which is any medical center that has procedures, equipment, and protocol in place to minimize the delay in stroke care. Christiansen dedicated her time to help the hospital become certified and establish collaboration with University of Utah neurologists.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 87
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 70
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 46
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24