CASTLE DALE — A 31-year-old Emery County man faces manslaughter charges after a woman died of a gunshot wound Saturday.
The Emery County Attorney's Office filed the charges Monday against Randy John Behling, of Ferron. Alisa Weston, 22, was at Behling's home when she died of a gunshot wound, according to a news release.
Court documents filed in 7th District Court do not provide any additional details about Weston's death.
Behling is charged with manslaughter, a second-degree felony; four counts of reckless endangerment, a class A misdemeanor; and one count of carrying a dangerous weapon while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance, a class B misdemeanor.
A preliminary hearing in the case is set for Oct. 16. Bail has been set at $10,000.
If Behling is admitted into an in-house drug and alcohol treatment program for 60 days, he does not have to post bail. If he fails to complete the program, he would be required to post bail, court documents state.
The conditions of Behling's release prohibit him from having any direct or indirect contact with Weston's family. He also must not possess any firearms or be in the presence of alcohol or control substances, according to court documents.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 9