CASTLE DALE — A 31-year-old Emery County man faces manslaughter charges after a woman died of a gunshot wound Saturday.
The Emery County Attorney's Office filed the charges Monday against Randy John Behling, of Ferron. Alisa Weston, 22, was at Behling's home when she died of a gunshot wound, according to a news release.
Court documents filed in 7th District Court do not provide any additional details about Weston's death.
Behling is charged with manslaughter, a second-degree felony; four counts of reckless endangerment, a class A misdemeanor; and one count of carrying a dangerous weapon while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance, a class B misdemeanor.
A preliminary hearing in the case is set for Oct. 16. Bail has been set at $10,000.
If Behling is admitted into an in-house drug and alcohol treatment program for 60 days, he does not have to post bail. If he fails to complete the program, he would be required to post bail, court documents state.
The conditions of Behling's release prohibit him from having any direct or indirect contact with Weston's family. He also must not possess any firearms or be in the presence of alcohol or control substances, according to court documents.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10