CASTLE DALE — A 31-year-old Emery County man faces manslaughter charges after a woman died of a gunshot wound Saturday.
The Emery County Attorney's Office filed the charges Monday against Randy John Behling, of Ferron. Alisa Weston, 22, was at Behling's home when she died of a gunshot wound, according to a news release.
Court documents filed in 7th District Court do not provide any additional details about Weston's death.
Behling is charged with manslaughter, a second-degree felony; four counts of reckless endangerment, a class A misdemeanor; and one count of carrying a dangerous weapon while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance, a class B misdemeanor.
A preliminary hearing in the case is set for Oct. 16. Bail has been set at $10,000.
If Behling is admitted into an in-house drug and alcohol treatment program for 60 days, he does not have to post bail. If he fails to complete the program, he would be required to post bail, court documents state.
The conditions of Behling's release prohibit him from having any direct or indirect contact with Weston's family. He also must not possess any firearms or be in the presence of alcohol or control substances, according to court documents.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11