CASTLE DALE — A 31-year-old Emery County man faces manslaughter charges after a woman died of a gunshot wound Saturday.
The Emery County Attorney's Office filed the charges Monday against Randy John Behling, of Ferron. Alisa Weston, 22, was at Behling's home when she died of a gunshot wound, according to a news release.
Court documents filed in 7th District Court do not provide any additional details about Weston's death.
Behling is charged with manslaughter, a second-degree felony; four counts of reckless endangerment, a class A misdemeanor; and one count of carrying a dangerous weapon while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance, a class B misdemeanor.
A preliminary hearing in the case is set for Oct. 16. Bail has been set at $10,000.
If Behling is admitted into an in-house drug and alcohol treatment program for 60 days, he does not have to post bail. If he fails to complete the program, he would be required to post bail, court documents state.
The conditions of Behling's release prohibit him from having any direct or indirect contact with Weston's family. He also must not possess any firearms or be in the presence of alcohol or control substances, according to court documents.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 21
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18