CASTLE DALE — A 31-year-old Emery County man faces manslaughter charges after a woman died of a gunshot wound Saturday.
The Emery County Attorney's Office filed the charges Monday against Randy John Behling, of Ferron. Alisa Weston, 22, was at Behling's home when she died of a gunshot wound, according to a news release.
Court documents filed in 7th District Court do not provide any additional details about Weston's death.
Behling is charged with manslaughter, a second-degree felony; four counts of reckless endangerment, a class A misdemeanor; and one count of carrying a dangerous weapon while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance, a class B misdemeanor.
A preliminary hearing in the case is set for Oct. 16. Bail has been set at $10,000.
If Behling is admitted into an in-house drug and alcohol treatment program for 60 days, he does not have to post bail. If he fails to complete the program, he would be required to post bail, court documents state.
The conditions of Behling's release prohibit him from having any direct or indirect contact with Weston's family. He also must not possess any firearms or be in the presence of alcohol or control substances, according to court documents.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7