ST. GEORGE, UT – Brad Sutterfield, who has spent the last four years as the lead instructor at the Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf at The Ledges of St George and 13 years as a professional golfer, has been selected as Dixie State’s head men’s golf coach as announced Monday by Director of Athletics Jason Boothe.
“We are so fortunate to get a head coach of Brad's caliber and credentials to step in and continue the progress of the program that Reed McArthur established,” Boothe said. “I fully expect great things from Brad and the student-athletes, as we continue to establish Dixie State golf as a prominent program on a national level.”
A four-year scholarship player at Brigham Young University from 1990-1994, Sutterfield played professionally in over 30 countries and was a member of the PGA, Nationwide, European and Canadian Tours.
“I’m extremely excited for the opportunity to work with the student-athletes and join the Red Storm family,” Sutterfield said. “I look forward to continuing the success of the program and assisting the student-athletes academically as well as on the course.”
The Salt Lake City, Utah native and Brighton High School graduate is married to Tonya. The couple has three girls.
Sutterfield is filling the vacancy left by Reed McArthur, who resigned for personal reasons after five years at the helm where his teams qualified for four NCAA Tournaments.
Jeff Cluff is the Coordinator of Media Relations at Dixie State College Atheltics. Contact him at email@example.com.
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 131
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 52
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 29
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 25
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan... 15