“We measure our success by our reach.” So explains parenting guru and Deseret News columnist Richard Eyre, in describing the reasons he and his wife Linda are hoping to offer all 41 of their parenting books online for free. It so important that these are offered free, they even put “free” in their website eyresfreebooks.com.
Why for free? Richard Eyre explains: “We think the reason we have had some success in doing this kind of thing partially because we don’t have much pride of authorship — we simply pass on any good idea we find and invite other parents to do the same .We are now at a point where we want to carry this spirit of sharing and giving to the next level. Our goal is to make all 41 of the books we have published available for free to anyone who wants to go on line and read them. It will take us a while to make all of our books free, because there are copyrights involved.”
So far, they have 9 books uploaded for free download, with one to two planned to be added each month. They also plan to offer Kindle book versions for $2 each, and $5 paperback copies, which includes the shipping. So check back often.
In doing this they hope to pass on the message to all parents “that not only are their families their highest priority — they are also the source of their greatest and most lasting joy.”
Now let’s find other awesome Bloggernacle resources from the past week:
Power pick: The Brigham City Temple Open House tickets are available right now! For those nearby or hoping to visit, you can click in to reserve yours today. To get you in the right mood, check out this lovely “Brigham City Open House Temple Invitation” video. And share it with your family and friends.
Techie tip: Be a technology pioneer and help in this new initiative on the Vineyard. This is the exact sentence from last week’s column, but it also fits this week since you can also help put the “Book of Mormon on Squidoo.” Larry Richman explains “Millions of people visit Squidoo.com daily to share and read content. Your testimony and opinion of the Book of Mormon on this website will reach Squidoo readers worldwide as they seek truths of the gospel. These Squidoo lenses also help to promote Church websites that you choose to link to. The Vineyard gives you step-by-step instructions on how to create a ‘lens’ on Squidoo about the Book of Mormon.” Cool. Check it out!
Brigham City Utah Temple open house invitation
A video invitation to come and see the new Mormon temple in Brigham City, Utah.
Emily Warburton Jensen loves searching through the LDS blog world for developments and testimonies that best capture the ever-evolving LDS online experience. Email: email@example.com
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 108
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 39
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 37
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 35
- New friends plan to work together to... 30
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 17
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- 5 reasons why we want to believe Jesus... 15