Today in the Bloggernacle: Olympic ideas and using the Newsletter tool on lds.org
Newsletter tool: I’ve mentioned this cool technology tool before, but you really need to check out this article from LDSTech about “Newsletter: A New Tool Now Available on Lds.org for Publishing Local Unit News.” As it explains, “Once your ward or stake has published content, articles for the newsletter appear in one column of news on the newsletter homepage, arranged in reverse chronological order. You can view the news you want to see by selecting the category on the right. The selected category filters the news.” Or in other words, it functions very much like your own stake or ward private blog, accessible through logging into your LDS account. Awesome. Check it out!
Olympic ideas: Hoping to do an Olympic-themed family home evening tonight? Try modifying some of these fun blog ideas, including making a family Olympic torch, learning about the Salt Lake City Olympic Park and eating an Olympic rings treat. You could also learn about the Mormons competing this year in London. I also loved these ideas for a “Primary Olympics” where kids review this songs using both cooperation and skill. And it wouldn’t be complete without gold medals to hand out to everyone at the end.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of the...
- Utah chaplains serve 'God, country and fellow...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of... 57
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 14
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70 10
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith... 9
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 9