Today in the Bloggernacle: Olympic ideas and using the Newsletter tool on lds.org
Newsletter tool: I’ve mentioned this cool technology tool before, but you really need to check out this article from LDSTech about “Newsletter: A New Tool Now Available on Lds.org for Publishing Local Unit News.” As it explains, “Once your ward or stake has published content, articles for the newsletter appear in one column of news on the newsletter homepage, arranged in reverse chronological order. You can view the news you want to see by selecting the category on the right. The selected category filters the news.” Or in other words, it functions very much like your own stake or ward private blog, accessible through logging into your LDS account. Awesome. Check it out!
Olympic ideas: Hoping to do an Olympic-themed family home evening tonight? Try modifying some of these fun blog ideas, including making a family Olympic torch, learning about the Salt Lake City Olympic Park and eating an Olympic rings treat. You could also learn about the Mormons competing this year in London. I also loved these ideas for a “Primary Olympics” where kids review this songs using both cooperation and skill. And it wouldn’t be complete without gold medals to hand out to everyone at the end.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Public invited to funeral services for Sister...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Woman told she would never walk, talk defies...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 32
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 22
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17
- Hundreds of teens in Southern... 12
- Public invited to funeral services for... 9