SUMMIT COUNTY — A man is in critical condition after being struck by lighting while hiking Saturday evening.
The man was transported to a near by hospital by a medical helicopter, according to the Summit County Sheriff's Office.
The man has not been identified. He was hiking near Amethyst Lake just after 5 p.m, according to the sheriff's office.
Amethyst Lake is a day hike from Christmas Meadows, East of Mirror Lake.
This strike comes roughly a week after 24- year-old Jesse King and his dog were struck and killed by lightning near Row Lake while on a fishing trip. King sought shelter under a tree, which was then struck by lighting.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17