SUMMIT COUNTY — A man is in critical condition after being struck by lighting while hiking Saturday evening.
The man was transported to a near by hospital by a medical helicopter, according to the Summit County Sheriff's Office.
The man has not been identified. He was hiking near Amethyst Lake just after 5 p.m, according to the sheriff's office.
Amethyst Lake is a day hike from Christmas Meadows, East of Mirror Lake.
This strike comes roughly a week after 24- year-old Jesse King and his dog were struck and killed by lightning near Row Lake while on a fishing trip. King sought shelter under a tree, which was then struck by lighting.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- Herriman woman wants murder charge in death...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 13