SUMMIT COUNTY — A man is in critical condition after being struck by lighting while hiking Saturday evening.
The man was transported to a near by hospital by a medical helicopter, according to the Summit County Sheriff's Office.
The man has not been identified. He was hiking near Amethyst Lake just after 5 p.m, according to the sheriff's office.
Amethyst Lake is a day hike from Christmas Meadows, East of Mirror Lake.
This strike comes roughly a week after 24- year-old Jesse King and his dog were struck and killed by lightning near Row Lake while on a fishing trip. King sought shelter under a tree, which was then struck by lighting.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8