HERRIMAN — A Kennecott Utah Copper employee is recovering Sunday after a rollover accident.
The victim, who has not been identified, was driving a haul truck filled with ore from the mine to a disposal site when the truck rolled.
"This is very uncommon," said Kyle Bennett, Kennecott spokesman. "I've only heard of one other time this has happened, so we're very concerned about it. It's something we are going to look at and prevent from every happening again."
The victim was taken to University Hospital in stable condition, officials said.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8