HERRIMAN — A Kennecott Utah Copper employee is recovering Sunday after a rollover accident.
The victim, who has not been identified, was driving a haul truck filled with ore from the mine to a disposal site when the truck rolled.
"This is very uncommon," said Kyle Bennett, Kennecott spokesman. "I've only heard of one other time this has happened, so we're very concerned about it. It's something we are going to look at and prevent from every happening again."
The victim was taken to University Hospital in stable condition, officials said.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Women innovators leading by example
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9