HERRIMAN — A Kennecott Utah Copper employee is recovering Sunday after a rollover accident.
The victim, who has not been identified, was driving a haul truck filled with ore from the mine to a disposal site when the truck rolled.
"This is very uncommon," said Kyle Bennett, Kennecott spokesman. "I've only heard of one other time this has happened, so we're very concerned about it. It's something we are going to look at and prevent from every happening again."
The victim was taken to University Hospital in stable condition, officials said.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 22
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14