Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Oscar-winning actress Geena Davis threw the first pitch at Friday's Salt Lake Bees game against the Sacramento River Cats.
Davis was in town to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the film, "A League of Their Own," which she stars in. Following the game, fans could watch a free screening of the movie while sitting on the outfield grass.
The Bees' celebrity guest also participated in batting practice with the team, led the crowd in a round of "Take Me Out To the Ball Game" and other activities throughout the game.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 11