Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Oscar-winning actress Geena Davis threw the first pitch at Friday's Salt Lake Bees game against the Sacramento River Cats.
Davis was in town to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the film, "A League of Their Own," which she stars in. Following the game, fans could watch a free screening of the movie while sitting on the outfield grass.
The Bees' celebrity guest also participated in batting practice with the team, led the crowd in a round of "Take Me Out To the Ball Game" and other activities throughout the game.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16