Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Oscar-winning actress Geena Davis threw the first pitch at Friday's Salt Lake Bees game against the Sacramento River Cats.
Davis was in town to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the film, "A League of Their Own," which she stars in. Following the game, fans could watch a free screening of the movie while sitting on the outfield grass.
The Bees' celebrity guest also participated in batting practice with the team, led the crowd in a round of "Take Me Out To the Ball Game" and other activities throughout the game.
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 40
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15