Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Oscar-winning actress Geena Davis threw the first pitch at Friday's Salt Lake Bees game against the Sacramento River Cats.
Davis was in town to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the film, "A League of Their Own," which she stars in. Following the game, fans could watch a free screening of the movie while sitting on the outfield grass.
The Bees' celebrity guest also participated in batting practice with the team, led the crowd in a round of "Take Me Out To the Ball Game" and other activities throughout the game.
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 40
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 28
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 21
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18