Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Oscar-winning actress Geena Davis threw the first pitch at Friday's Salt Lake Bees game against the Sacramento River Cats.
Davis was in town to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the film, "A League of Their Own," which she stars in. Following the game, fans could watch a free screening of the movie while sitting on the outfield grass.
The Bees' celebrity guest also participated in batting practice with the team, led the crowd in a round of "Take Me Out To the Ball Game" and other activities throughout the game.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7