SALT LAKE CITY — Being grateful can take people on a road to success because they tend to seek more success than those who are ungrateful, according to INC.
INC likened gratitude to a muscle, one that continually needs to be used.
"You're throwing mental focus on what worked well, and shrugging off what didn't," the article said. "As a result, you'll sleep better, and you'll wake up more refreshed."
However, those who are ungrateful end up never feeling like they can succeed and become frustrated, bitter and discouraged, according to INC.
To put this into practice in your own life, try this: While at work, think about the things you're grateful for. Being able to help a coworker with a problem or get a task done ahead of time can all be situations to be thankful for.
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after...
- More jobs are available, but new grads are...
- How strict should parents really be?
- Balancing act: Does parenting bring...
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget together
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up costing...
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode Island,...
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business... 19
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 15
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- Democrats see skimpy insurance as the... 11
- Why many experts missed this: Cheap oil... 7
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 7
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4... 5
- How strict should parents really be? 5