BYU track & field: Cougars receive All-Academic Track & Field Team honors
PROVO, UT – The men's track and field team was listed by the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) as one of 85 schools to receive Division I All-Academic Track & Field Team honors.
The Cougars, along with Harvard, Yale and other academic stalwarts on the list, earned the honor as a result of a cumulative team GPA of 3.00 or better. The distinction solidifies the team's reputation for scholastic excellence. In 2011, the USTFCCA named BYU the Indoor Track & Field Scholar Team of the Year.
BYU earned All-Academic honors with a cumulative team GPA of 3.29. The highest cumulative team GPA belonged to Stanford, who reported a 3.49. Duke and Chattanooga rounded out the top three with respective GPAs of 3.46 and 3.45.
The Cougars finished the 2011-12 season ranked No. 7 in the final USTFCCCA Division I Program of the Year Standings.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at email@example.com.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 290
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 56
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 42
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37