BYU track & field: Cougars receive All-Academic Track & Field Team honors
PROVO, UT – The men's track and field team was listed by the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) as one of 85 schools to receive Division I All-Academic Track & Field Team honors.
The Cougars, along with Harvard, Yale and other academic stalwarts on the list, earned the honor as a result of a cumulative team GPA of 3.00 or better. The distinction solidifies the team's reputation for scholastic excellence. In 2011, the USTFCCA named BYU the Indoor Track & Field Scholar Team of the Year.
BYU earned All-Academic honors with a cumulative team GPA of 3.29. The highest cumulative team GPA belonged to Stanford, who reported a 3.49. Duke and Chattanooga rounded out the top three with respective GPAs of 3.46 and 3.45.
The Cougars finished the 2011-12 season ranked No. 7 in the final USTFCCCA Division I Program of the Year Standings.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26