BYU track & field: Cougars receive All-Academic Track & Field Team honors
PROVO, UT – The men's track and field team was listed by the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) as one of 85 schools to receive Division I All-Academic Track & Field Team honors.
The Cougars, along with Harvard, Yale and other academic stalwarts on the list, earned the honor as a result of a cumulative team GPA of 3.00 or better. The distinction solidifies the team's reputation for scholastic excellence. In 2011, the USTFCCA named BYU the Indoor Track & Field Scholar Team of the Year.
BYU earned All-Academic honors with a cumulative team GPA of 3.29. The highest cumulative team GPA belonged to Stanford, who reported a 3.49. Duke and Chattanooga rounded out the top three with respective GPAs of 3.46 and 3.45.
The Cougars finished the 2011-12 season ranked No. 7 in the final USTFCCCA Division I Program of the Year Standings.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at email@example.com.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20