BYU track & field: Cougars receive All-Academic Track & Field Team honors
PROVO, UT – The men's track and field team was listed by the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) as one of 85 schools to receive Division I All-Academic Track & Field Team honors.
The Cougars, along with Harvard, Yale and other academic stalwarts on the list, earned the honor as a result of a cumulative team GPA of 3.00 or better. The distinction solidifies the team's reputation for scholastic excellence. In 2011, the USTFCCA named BYU the Indoor Track & Field Scholar Team of the Year.
BYU earned All-Academic honors with a cumulative team GPA of 3.29. The highest cumulative team GPA belonged to Stanford, who reported a 3.49. Duke and Chattanooga rounded out the top three with respective GPAs of 3.46 and 3.45.
The Cougars finished the 2011-12 season ranked No. 7 in the final USTFCCCA Division I Program of the Year Standings.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at email@example.com.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 115
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 49
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45