Sam Emerson, Summit Entertainment
- Nudity and Sensuality: This story is based in Miami, so beaches and resorts are everywhere. The filmmakers must have hired a whole modeling agency to get this many girls in bikinis. Some men are seen with no shirt on. Many of the dance moves throughout the film are very suggestive.
- Language: The characters do not use much profanity. However, there are some lyrics in the music that some may not like or will even find offensive, despite the lyrics being difficult to understand.
- Moral messages? The one good thing about this film is that despite long odds, the dance groups stays true to their goal. Unfortunately, it is also shown as being on the edge of breaking the law. At one point, two members are arrested.
This film would be OK for ages 15-plus. After checking the lyrics for the songs in this film, I hope they used the clean versions in the movie — because they would give the film an R rating. We may never know since the lyrics are hard to understand.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer on BYU Radio. His reviews can be heard on BYURadio.org and on SiriusXM Channel 143.
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of...
- Sundance's 'Fiddler' makes tradition fun, fresh
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Big on opera: Utah Opera's artistic director...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 9
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting... 2
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2