Sam Emerson, Summit Entertainment
- Nudity and Sensuality: This story is based in Miami, so beaches and resorts are everywhere. The filmmakers must have hired a whole modeling agency to get this many girls in bikinis. Some men are seen with no shirt on. Many of the dance moves throughout the film are very suggestive.
- Language: The characters do not use much profanity. However, there are some lyrics in the music that some may not like or will even find offensive, despite the lyrics being difficult to understand.
- Moral messages? The one good thing about this film is that despite long odds, the dance groups stays true to their goal. Unfortunately, it is also shown as being on the edge of breaking the law. At one point, two members are arrested.
This film would be OK for ages 15-plus. After checking the lyrics for the songs in this film, I hope they used the clean versions in the movie — because they would give the film an R rating. We may never know since the lyrics are hard to understand.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer on BYU Radio. His reviews can be heard on BYURadio.org and on SiriusXM Channel 143.
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Suspenseful 'Maze Runner' dodges limitations...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- Paintbrushes, fairy tales and chore charts:...
- Summer movie season wasn't so bad for 'the...
- The latest ‘Godzilla’ reboot...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 2
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 2