CEDAR HILLS — A third generation Osmond will take the stage in the starring role in Tchaikovsky's ballet "The Nutcracker" this Christmas season.
Paige Osmond, 12, is the daughter of Jared and Heather Osmond and granddaughter of the oldest Osmond brother, Virl. She started dancing when she was 3 and is currently enrolled at The Dance Club in Orem. She was cast as Clara in the Radio City Christmas Spectacular show in Nashville, Tenn., and will perform at the Grand Ole Opry House in more than 50 shows Nov. 16 to Dec. 24.
Heather Osmond estimated her daughter spends about 25 hours per week dancing on average. Paige also studies ballroom dancing at Center Stage Performing Arts Studio, although Heather Osmond said her "full-time focus" was at The Dance Club.
"The unique thing is that she's actually trained in jazz, ballet, hip hop, contemporary and tap, but she can do all well," Heather Osmond said. "She's super excited (for this opportunity)."
In addition to training at The Dance Club, Paige has studied ballet at the Classical Ballet Academy in Provo and the Barlow Arts Conservatory of Dance in Lehi.
"Being chosen to play Clara is a dream come true," Paige said in a news release. "I can't wait!"
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury from...
- Doug's Take: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' is a...
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on...
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- Former lawyer says OJ Simpson knew about guns
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' is a really fun ride
- A look back at the Star Trek film franchise
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury... 17
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 14
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Once in a while,... 5
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 4
- Utahn in final three, but it's Cochran... 3
- A look back at the Star Trek film... 3
- Angelina Jolie's double mastectomy: Q&A 2
- Prince Harry to see NJ storm damage,... 1