CEDAR HILLS — A third generation Osmond will take the stage in the starring role in Tchaikovsky's ballet "The Nutcracker" this Christmas season.
Paige Osmond, 12, is the daughter of Jared and Heather Osmond and granddaughter of the oldest Osmond brother, Virl. She started dancing when she was 3 and is currently enrolled at The Dance Club in Orem. She was cast as Clara in the Radio City Christmas Spectacular show in Nashville, Tenn., and will perform at the Grand Ole Opry House in more than 50 shows Nov. 16 to Dec. 24.
Heather Osmond estimated her daughter spends about 25 hours per week dancing on average. Paige also studies ballroom dancing at Center Stage Performing Arts Studio, although Heather Osmond said her "full-time focus" was at The Dance Club.
"The unique thing is that she's actually trained in jazz, ballet, hip hop, contemporary and tap, but she can do all well," Heather Osmond said. "She's super excited (for this opportunity)."
In addition to training at The Dance Club, Paige has studied ballet at the Classical Ballet Academy in Provo and the Barlow Arts Conservatory of Dance in Lehi.
"Being chosen to play Clara is a dream come true," Paige said in a news release. "I can't wait!"
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid worst...
- Ben Barnes, Katherine Heigl in tune in...
- 5 takeaways from a punch-less summer box office
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- For gamers, combating online abuse not easy
- Ron Perlman added to Salt Lake Comic Con...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 8
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid... 1
- 10 things to know before going to Salt... 1
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its... 1