BOUNTIFUL — The Bountiful/Davis Art Center 2012 Summerfest International Arts Festival will take place at Bountiful City Park, Thursday to Saturday, Aug. 9-11.
This year marks the 24th anniversary of Summerfest and will feature art booths, interna- tional food vendors, bocce, craft demonstrations, live music and folk dance from visiting international performers. The festival will welcome performers from India, Croatia, Colombia, Russia, Kenya, Costa Rica, Macedonia, Indonesia, Chile, France and Sierra Leone.
The event also features dance demonstrations from the international performers as well as a variety of food booths featuring local restaurant menu items. Both Summerfest International and Street Dance/Summerfest are free to the public.
BDAC is still in need of volunteers to help coordinate and facilitate the festival as well as host families to house and feed the international guests. For more questions regarding availability of volunteer/hosting positions, contact BDAC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-292-0367, Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14