Editor's note: This list was updated July 31 to add U.S. archer Eric Bennett.
Mormon Times now counts five members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who are competing in the 2012 Paralympic Games in London from Aug. 29-Sept. 9.
Track and field: Shot putter Todd Hodgetts, 24, of the Canberra Australia Stake, is the world record holder for the sport for F20 athletes. He was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome at 8 years old.
Track and field: Jason Smyth, of the Belfast Northern Ireland Stake and who is legally blind, qualified to compete in the 100-meter sprint.
Swimming: Fifteen-year-old Brickelle Bro, of the Castle Rock Colorado Stake, is scheduled to swim in the 400 freestyle.
Wheelchair basketball: Paul Schulte, 33, of Ann Arbor, Mich., was on the 2000 team in Sydney and has competed in the 2008 games.
Archery: High school physics teacher and boy's tennis coach Eric Bennett, of Surprise, Ariz., shot in the 2008 Games in Beijing in the compound bow division and finished ninth. The 38-year-old lost his right arm above the elbow in a car accident when he was 15. Bennett, of the Cactus Lane Ward, Surprise Arizona Stake, will compete in the standard recurve bow division in London.
If you know of other LDS athletes competing in the 2012 Paralympic Games in London, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- Elder Oaks promotes strengthening the free...
- LDS Church is smart to reach out to 'Book of...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- LDS Church submits temporary Provo MTC plans...
- Hundreds watch as Angel Moroni statue placed...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 64
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 53
- New Harmony: The mainstreaming of... 45
- Inspired question, 'Book of Mormon'... 44
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad... 44
- Elder Oaks promotes strengthening the... 23
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 17