Editor's note: This list was updated July 31 to add U.S. archer Eric Bennett.
Mormon Times now counts five members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who are competing in the 2012 Paralympic Games in London from Aug. 29-Sept. 9.
Track and field: Shot putter Todd Hodgetts, 24, of the Canberra Australia Stake, is the world record holder for the sport for F20 athletes. He was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome at 8 years old.
Track and field: Jason Smyth, of the Belfast Northern Ireland Stake and who is legally blind, qualified to compete in the 100-meter sprint.
Swimming: Fifteen-year-old Brickelle Bro, of the Castle Rock Colorado Stake, is scheduled to swim in the 400 freestyle.
Wheelchair basketball: Paul Schulte, 33, of Ann Arbor, Mich., was on the 2000 team in Sydney and has competed in the 2008 games.
Archery: High school physics teacher and boy's tennis coach Eric Bennett, of Surprise, Ariz., shot in the 2008 Games in Beijing in the compound bow division and finished ninth. The 38-year-old lost his right arm above the elbow in a car accident when he was 15. Bennett, of the Cactus Lane Ward, Surprise Arizona Stake, will compete in the standard recurve bow division in London.
If you know of other LDS athletes competing in the 2012 Paralympic Games in London, please let us know at email@example.com.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Pope Francis: The world's at war, but not a...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your kids to...
- Catholic leaders speak out as controversy...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees; presents...
- President Uchtdorf presents $3 million to...
- Elder LeGrand R. Curtis Jr. addresses 'A...
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 44
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 34
- Democrats and Republicans double-down... 26
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 21
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 17
- Defending the Faith: The 18th annual... 15
- 'Duck Dynasty' star: Media,... 14
- Great quote, Tim Kaine, but John Wesley... 12