Editor's note: This list was updated July 31 to add U.S. archer Eric Bennett.
Mormon Times now counts five members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who are competing in the 2012 Paralympic Games in London from Aug. 29-Sept. 9.
Track and field: Shot putter Todd Hodgetts, 24, of the Canberra Australia Stake, is the world record holder for the sport for F20 athletes. He was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome at 8 years old.
Track and field: Jason Smyth, of the Belfast Northern Ireland Stake and who is legally blind, qualified to compete in the 100-meter sprint.
Swimming: Fifteen-year-old Brickelle Bro, of the Castle Rock Colorado Stake, is scheduled to swim in the 400 freestyle.
Wheelchair basketball: Paul Schulte, 33, of Ann Arbor, Mich., was on the 2000 team in Sydney and has competed in the 2008 games.
Archery: High school physics teacher and boy's tennis coach Eric Bennett, of Surprise, Ariz., shot in the 2008 Games in Beijing in the compound bow division and finished ninth. The 38-year-old lost his right arm above the elbow in a car accident when he was 15. Bennett, of the Cactus Lane Ward, Surprise Arizona Stake, will compete in the standard recurve bow division in London.
If you know of other LDS athletes competing in the 2012 Paralympic Games in London, please let us know at email@example.com.
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins Colorado...
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto Ontario...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- LDS Church releases statement after vandals...
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between Lehite...
- How serving an LDS mission prepared me for...
- Helping people deal with criticisms against...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program 251
- Marching band not allowed to perform... 105
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between... 34
- LDS Church releases statement after... 28
- Mormon woman will be first female West... 16
- One organization demands 25 public... 11
- This is even more evidence that Jesus... 8
- Alzheimer's, fall claim life of Elder... 7