Orem Center Street interchange to close until September
OREM — The Orem Center Street interchange is scheduled to close as early as Wednesday night as part of the I-15 Corridor Expansion.
Drivers are asked to plan accordingly. The closure will be in place until early September.
The onramps and offramps at Center Street will remain closed, along with Center Street under I-15 as crews will be bulding permanent ramps and repairing Center Street with new aspahlt, according to the Utah Department of Transportation.
“We’re approximately halfway through the Orem interchange closures and on pace to complete the I-15 CORE project in an unprecedented 35 months,” said UDOT spokewoman Leigh Dethman. “Closing these interchanges for several weeks at a time has been inconvenient for drivers, but in the end this will reduce delays and help us to meet our aggressive timeline.”
The Orem Center Street interchange is being reconfigured as a single-point urban interchange similar to University Parkway and is expected to improve traffic flow and enhance safety.
UDOT will be timing traffic signals to improve movement in alternative routes to ease the construction.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15