Orem Center Street interchange to close until September
OREM — The Orem Center Street interchange is scheduled to close as early as Wednesday night as part of the I-15 Corridor Expansion.
Drivers are asked to plan accordingly. The closure will be in place until early September.
The onramps and offramps at Center Street will remain closed, along with Center Street under I-15 as crews will be bulding permanent ramps and repairing Center Street with new aspahlt, according to the Utah Department of Transportation.
“We’re approximately halfway through the Orem interchange closures and on pace to complete the I-15 CORE project in an unprecedented 35 months,” said UDOT spokewoman Leigh Dethman. “Closing these interchanges for several weeks at a time has been inconvenient for drivers, but in the end this will reduce delays and help us to meet our aggressive timeline.”
The Orem Center Street interchange is being reconfigured as a single-point urban interchange similar to University Parkway and is expected to improve traffic flow and enhance safety.
UDOT will be timing traffic signals to improve movement in alternative routes to ease the construction.
- Lawmakers to rehash Utah's stillbirth law due...
- Video: Utah man uses 'random acts of pasta'...
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law requiring body...
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 37
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 34
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 27
- Proposed tax increase a 'bold move' for... 25
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law... 24