OREM — The Orem Center Street interchange is scheduled to close as early as Wednesday night as part of the I-15 Corridor Expansion.
Drivers are asked to plan accordingly. The closure will be in place until early September.
The onramps and offramps at Center Street will remain closed, along with Center Street under I-15 as crews will be bulding permanent ramps and repairing Center Street with new aspahlt, according to the Utah Department of Transportation.
“We’re approximately halfway through the Orem interchange closures and on pace to complete the I-15 CORE project in an unprecedented 35 months,” said UDOT spokewoman Leigh Dethman. “Closing these interchanges for several weeks at a time has been inconvenient for drivers, but in the end this will reduce delays and help us to meet our aggressive timeline.”
The Orem Center Street interchange is being reconfigured as a single-point urban interchange similar to University Parkway and is expected to improve traffic flow and enhance safety.
UDOT will be timing traffic signals to improve movement in alternative routes to ease the construction.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23