Orem Center Street interchange to close until September
OREM — The Orem Center Street interchange is scheduled to close as early as Wednesday night as part of the I-15 Corridor Expansion.
Drivers are asked to plan accordingly. The closure will be in place until early September.
The onramps and offramps at Center Street will remain closed, along with Center Street under I-15 as crews will be bulding permanent ramps and repairing Center Street with new aspahlt, according to the Utah Department of Transportation.
“We’re approximately halfway through the Orem interchange closures and on pace to complete the I-15 CORE project in an unprecedented 35 months,” said UDOT spokewoman Leigh Dethman. “Closing these interchanges for several weeks at a time has been inconvenient for drivers, but in the end this will reduce delays and help us to meet our aggressive timeline.”
The Orem Center Street interchange is being reconfigured as a single-point urban interchange similar to University Parkway and is expected to improve traffic flow and enhance safety.
UDOT will be timing traffic signals to improve movement in alternative routes to ease the construction.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 73
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 47
- Police release names of officers... 35
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 32
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18