Orem Center Street interchange to close until September
OREM — The Orem Center Street interchange is scheduled to close as early as Wednesday night as part of the I-15 Corridor Expansion.
Drivers are asked to plan accordingly. The closure will be in place until early September.
The onramps and offramps at Center Street will remain closed, along with Center Street under I-15 as crews will be bulding permanent ramps and repairing Center Street with new aspahlt, according to the Utah Department of Transportation.
“We’re approximately halfway through the Orem interchange closures and on pace to complete the I-15 CORE project in an unprecedented 35 months,” said UDOT spokewoman Leigh Dethman. “Closing these interchanges for several weeks at a time has been inconvenient for drivers, but in the end this will reduce delays and help us to meet our aggressive timeline.”
The Orem Center Street interchange is being reconfigured as a single-point urban interchange similar to University Parkway and is expected to improve traffic flow and enhance safety.
UDOT will be timing traffic signals to improve movement in alternative routes to ease the construction.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Grantsville residents tell Prison Relocation...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 29
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 18
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 18
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17