Salt Lake Equestrian Park will come alive during Salt Lake County Fair
Before the County Fairgrounds were organized, the Salt Lake County Fair went by a few different names, including Black and White Day, Farm Bureau Day and County Day. In 1936 the fair residents would come to know and love was established.
And in 1937 the first fair was held in Murray, where it stayed until 1998. In 1999 the Salt Lake County Fair reopened at its current location, the Salt Lake Equestrian Park.
This year's fair, just as in past years, is packed with a range of activities from Aug. 8-11. Along with the usual carnival, concerts, car show, demolition derby, petting zoo and rodeo, there will also be kids craft classes, a dutch oven cook-off, horse racing and Shaun Dee, the Hypno Hick.
For more information or to see a complete schedule, visit: CountyFair.SLCO.org.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16