Police look for bank robber with sling, fake mustache
MIDVALE — Police continued looking Saturday for a man who investigators believe has robbed at least two banks in two consecutive days.
A man entered Utah First Credit Union, 6935 S. 900 East, about 3:45 p.m. Friday and handed the teller a note demanding money and claiming that he had a weapon, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
The man was given an undisclosed amount of money. But after he left the bank, a dye pack put in with the money went off, Hoyal said.
The description of the robber matched the description of a man who robbed Cyprus Credit Union, 3109 W. 4700 South, on Thursday.
Detectives were looking for a white man in his 30s who was last seen wearing a black beanie style cap, blue button up shirt and khaki pants. Hoyal said the man also has a mustache that witnesses said appeared to be fake, an eye patch and a bandage under his eye. He also has his arm in a sling, he said.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-743-5915.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 27