Teenager struck in drive-by shooting, believed to be gang-related
WEST VALLEY CITY — A teenage boy was shot late Thursday in what is believed to be a gang-related incident.
The shooting occurred in a trailer park near 4300 South and 4000 West around 9:15 p.m., West Valley City Police Sgt. John Pearce said. Multiple shots were fired at a 15-year-old boy who was sitting near a trailer.
One round grazed the teenager and Pearce said the teen was transported to the hospital with minor injuries. It was unclear where he was hit.
Police said the shooting appears to be gang-related and may involve a red Ford Explorer. Detectives were following up on leads.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 37
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 19
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14