Teenager struck in drive-by shooting, believed to be gang-related
WEST VALLEY CITY — A teenage boy was shot late Thursday in what is believed to be a gang-related incident.
The shooting occurred in a trailer park near 4300 South and 4000 West around 9:15 p.m., West Valley City Police Sgt. John Pearce said. Multiple shots were fired at a 15-year-old boy who was sitting near a trailer.
One round grazed the teenager and Pearce said the teen was transported to the hospital with minor injuries. It was unclear where he was hit.
Police said the shooting appears to be gang-related and may involve a red Ford Explorer. Detectives were following up on leads.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 21
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15