Teenager struck in drive-by shooting, believed to be gang-related
WEST VALLEY CITY — A teenage boy was shot late Thursday in what is believed to be a gang-related incident.
The shooting occurred in a trailer park near 4300 South and 4000 West around 9:15 p.m., West Valley City Police Sgt. John Pearce said. It was reported that multiple shots were fired at a 15-year-old boy who was sitting near a trailer.
One round grazed the teenager and Pearce said the teen was transported to the hospital with minor injuries. It was unclear where he was hit.
Police said the shooting appears to be gang-related and may involve a red Ford Explorer. Detectives are following up on leads.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29