Teenager struck in drive-by shooting, believed to be gang-related
WEST VALLEY CITY — A teenage boy was shot late Thursday in what is believed to be a gang-related incident.
The shooting occurred in a trailer park near 4300 South and 4000 West around 9:15 p.m., West Valley City Police Sgt. John Pearce said. It was reported that multiple shots were fired at a 15-year-old boy who was sitting near a trailer.
One round grazed the teenager and Pearce said the teen was transported to the hospital with minor injuries. It was unclear where he was hit.
Police said the shooting appears to be gang-related and may involve a red Ford Explorer. Detectives are following up on leads.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 35
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 21
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17