Teenager struck in drive-by shooting, believed to be gang-related
WEST VALLEY CITY — A teenage boy was shot late Thursday in what is believed to be a gang-related incident.
The shooting occurred in a trailer park near 4300 South and 4000 West around 9:15 p.m., West Valley City Police Sgt. John Pearce said. It was reported that multiple shots were fired at a 15-year-old boy who was sitting near a trailer.
One round grazed the teenager and Pearce said the teen was transported to the hospital with minor injuries. It was unclear where he was hit.
Police said the shooting appears to be gang-related and may involve a red Ford Explorer. Detectives are following up on leads.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12