Photo Courtesy of Kathy Noel
ST. GEORGE — A fatal car accident near St. George killed two people and caused southbound traffic to be diverted Wednesday evening.
Only a single vehicle appears to be involved in the crash. According to Utah Highway Patrol Corporal Todd Johnson a pick-up drifted to the right while travelling southbound, overcorrected and rolled twice in the median, catching fire at mile marker 12.5 outside of St. George.
James Gardner, 48 of West Jordan, and his six-year-old son, Darrell, were pronounced dead at the scene.
Johnson said that southbound traffic was diverted at mile-marker 13. The investigation is ongoing.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 63
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 13