Rollover accident on I-15 kills 2, closes southbound traffic near St. George
Photo Courtesy of Kathy Noel
ST. GEORGE — A fatal car accident near St. George killed two people and caused southbound traffic to be diverted Wednesday evening.
Only a single vehicle appears to be involved in the crash. According to Utah Highway Patrol Corporal Todd Johnson a pick-up drifted to the right while travelling southbound, overcorrected and rolled twice in the median, catching fire at mile marker 12.5 outside of St. George.
James Gardner, 48 of West Jordan, and his six-year-old son, Darrell, were pronounced dead at the scene.
Johnson said that southbound traffic was diverted at mile-marker 13. The investigation is ongoing.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23