Rollover accident on I-15 kills 2, closes southbound traffic near St. George
Photo Courtesy of Kathy Noel
ST. GEORGE — A fatal car accident near St. George killed two people and caused southbound traffic to be diverted Wednesday evening.
Only a single vehicle appears to be involved in the crash. According to Utah Highway Patrol Corporal Todd Johnson a pick-up drifted to the right while travelling southbound, overcorrected and rolled twice in the median, catching fire at mile marker 12.5 outside of St. George.
James Gardner, 48 of West Jordan, and his six-year-old son, Darrell, were pronounced dead at the scene.
Johnson said that southbound traffic was diverted at mile-marker 13. The investigation is ongoing.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 21
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 21
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12