What's new: 'Passages: True Stories of Faith and Inspiration from the Titanic'
Many know the basic story of the how the Titanic hit an iceberg in the north Atlantic and sank in 1912.
What many don't know are the accounts involving members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who were either aboard when the ship went down or shared other connections to the tragedy.
Those true stories of faith, hope and survival are shared in the new documentary, "Passages: True Stories of Faith and Inspiration from the Titanic."
Among the true stories featured in the documentary are a celebrated educator and humanitarian on his way to speak at Carnegie Hall; a young Mormon mother returning home to her family; an amateur photographer who must decide whether he will follow his heart or listen to his head; missionaries who sense the hand of God guiding their journey; and a young girl on a courageous journey home.
These stories of faith, hope and survival are illustrated with archival film, photographs, dramatic re-creations and music from the period. The DVD also includes facts and voices from the Titanic.
"Passages" is a companion documentary to author Anita Stansfield's historical novel, "Passage on the Titanic."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- LDS sister missionaries assaulted in Chile
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- Mormon man's half-court shot is a reminder...
- BYU Cougarettes, National Hip-Hop Champions,...
- Online system will allow Mormons to pay...
- God will give you more than you can handle, I...
- Online system will allow Mormons to pay... 72
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 53
- God will give you more than you can... 51
- Religious liberty issues dog Supreme... 44
- Mormon man's half-court shot is a... 25
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem 24
- Wright Words: Founding member of SEAL... 21
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19