What's new: 'Passages: True Stories of Faith and Inspiration from the Titanic'
Many know the basic story of the how the Titanic hit an iceberg in the north Atlantic and sank in 1912.
What many don't know are the accounts involving members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who were either aboard when the ship went down or shared other connections to the tragedy.
Those true stories of faith, hope and survival are shared in the new documentary, "Passages: True Stories of Faith and Inspiration from the Titanic."
Among the true stories featured in the documentary are a celebrated educator and humanitarian on his way to speak at Carnegie Hall; a young Mormon mother returning home to her family; an amateur photographer who must decide whether he will follow his heart or listen to his head; missionaries who sense the hand of God guiding their journey; and a young girl on a courageous journey home.
These stories of faith, hope and survival are illustrated with archival film, photographs, dramatic re-creations and music from the period. The DVD also includes facts and voices from the Titanic.
"Passages" is a companion documentary to author Anita Stansfield's historical novel, "Passage on the Titanic."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- Elder Perry the sports fan
- LDS siblings receive mission calls to Sao...
- LDS missionaries leave Burundi
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Elder L. Tom Perry: An...
- 21 uplifting quotes from Elder L. Tom Perry
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 46
- Lindsey Stirling's father responds to... 46
- Michelle Llewellyn: How can I defend... 41
- Is your financial house in order? 10... 29
- The First Church of Cannabis claims... 26
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- Why more young women are leaving church 21
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked... 17