What's new: 'Passages: True Stories of Faith and Inspiration from the Titanic'
Many know the basic story of the how the Titanic hit an iceberg in the north Atlantic and sank in 1912.
What many don't know are the accounts involving members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who were either aboard when the ship went down or shared other connections to the tragedy.
Those true stories of faith, hope and survival are shared in the new documentary, "Passages: True Stories of Faith and Inspiration from the Titanic."
Among the true stories featured in the documentary are a celebrated educator and humanitarian on his way to speak at Carnegie Hall; a young Mormon mother returning home to her family; an amateur photographer who must decide whether he will follow his heart or listen to his head; missionaries who sense the hand of God guiding their journey; and a young girl on a courageous journey home.
These stories of faith, hope and survival are illustrated with archival film, photographs, dramatic re-creations and music from the period. The DVD also includes facts and voices from the Titanic.
"Passages" is a companion documentary to author Anita Stansfield's historical novel, "Passage on the Titanic."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 46
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 11
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 9
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3