Mom accused of pointing loaded gun at her 9-year-old son
DUCHESNE — A Duchesne County woman is facing felony charges after investigators say she pointed a loaded gun at her young son's head and threatened to shoot him.
Bambi Lee Richins, 34, of Talmage, is charged in 8th District Court with child abuse, a second-degree felony, aggravated assault, a third-degree felony, and witness tampering, a third-degree felony.
Duchesne County sheriff's detectives interviewed Richins' children Monday, after the Division of Child and Family Services received an anonymous complaint.
Her 9-year-old son told a detective Richins became angry with him while he was cleaning the living room, pointed a .22-caliber handgun at his head and said, "I am going to blow your head off," according to charging documents.
"(The boy) indicated Bambi showed him the .22 handgun and told him it was loaded," the charges state. "(He) stated he saw the gun was loaded. Bambi then told (her son) she was going to put the .22 firearm in his mouth and pull the trigger."
Richins' daughter was in the home and saw her mother holding the handgun, but could not see whether it was pointed it at her brother, detectives said.
Richins told the children "if they said anything, they would be placed in foster care and never see her again," the charges state.
Detectives arrested Richins, who is also known as Bambi Linsday, and she was booked into the Duchesne County Jail. She was released after posting $20,000 bail. Her first court appearance is scheduled for Thursday.
- Chances of a 'Speaker Chaffetz' may have just...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Vernal woman takes plea deal in child abuse case
- UVU now the largest university in Utah, new...
- Federal judge: Tribal court can't hear...
- Most wanted fugitive arrested in West Valley...
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes...
- Key witness in criminal cases against...
- Chances of a 'Speaker Chaffetz' may... 54
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 32
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 24
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17