Mom accused of pointing loaded gun at her 9-year-old son
DUCHESNE — A Duchesne County woman is facing felony charges after investigators say she pointed a loaded gun at her young son's head and threatened to shoot him.
Bambi Lee Richins, 34, of Talmage, is charged in 8th District Court with child abuse, a second-degree felony, aggravated assault, a third-degree felony, and witness tampering, a third-degree felony.
Duchesne County sheriff's detectives interviewed Richins' children Monday, after the Division of Child and Family Services received an anonymous complaint.
Her 9-year-old son told a detective Richins became angry with him while he was cleaning the living room, pointed a .22-caliber handgun at his head and said, "I am going to blow your head off," according to charging documents.
"(The boy) indicated Bambi showed him the .22 handgun and told him it was loaded," the charges state. "(He) stated he saw the gun was loaded. Bambi then told (her son) she was going to put the .22 firearm in his mouth and pull the trigger."
Richins' daughter was in the home and saw her mother holding the handgun, but could not see whether it was pointed it at her brother, detectives said.
Richins told the children "if they said anything, they would be placed in foster care and never see her again," the charges state.
Detectives arrested Richins, who is also known as Bambi Linsday, and she was booked into the Duchesne County Jail. She was released after posting $20,000 bail. Her first court appearance is scheduled for Thursday.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18