Courtesy of Harvard Business School
Our Take: In an article in the Washington Post, Clayton Christensen, author and professor at Harvard Business School, tells about his friendship with "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" author Stephen Covey, who died on Monday.
Years ago, an elderly friend asked if I knew another man who studied at the Harvard Business School named Stephen R. Covey. I replied that I knew of him though his “Seven Habits,” of course, but had not personally met him. My friend said, “Let me tell you a story about that man, which tells you everything you need to know about him:
“I was a freshman at Harvard College in 1956. I went to our Mormon church on my first Sunday there; and before I could sit down, young Covey, who himself had just arrived a few weeks earlier to begin his studies in the Harvard MBA program, approached me and asked if I could help him that afternoon at a meeting in downtown Boston.
“I agreed, and we met at the entrance to the Red Line station in Harvard Square that afternoon. Covey had a heavy bag and a wood box.
"When I asked of their purpose, he replied, ‘We are going to find a busy walkway through Boston Common. I’m going to stand on this box and give a sermon on the life of Jesus Christ. Your job is to invite as many people as possible to stand there, to hear my sermon. Then you need to look at their faces, and if they seem interested, give them one of the pamphlets in this bag.’ I did what I was told. Steve delivered a wonderful sermon to a group of about 50 people.”
To read more visit washingtonpost.com.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Wright Words: Despite horrific fire, Mormon...
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists to...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- How much does President Obama donate to his...
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a theological...
- LDS convert and influential friend reunite...
- LDS Church releases YouTube video as part of...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 96
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 74
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 52
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 50
- How much does President Obama donate to... 30
- LDS Church releases YouTube video as... 23
- Passover, a holiday for all, starts... 21