India mission: What’s it like to serve a mission in India? You can virtually travel to New Dehli, India, with this recently called senior missionary couple to find out. In this blog post, they describe “Our First Church Meetings” as missionaries and include some colorful and descriptive photos. Find out what sort of building they meet in and how many languages the lessons are taught in.
Serving others: To go along with the other Vineyard.lds.org videos I featured last week, check out how these young women in Nevada are learning the importance of “Serving Others.” “It helps people learn about the church.” “I think this is probably one of the coolest websites.” “I know when you start to do service for other people, you forget about what’s wrong with you.” Check out what other insights these young women learned!
FHE fast: I had never seen this “FHE in 10” blog, but was impressed with the depth of these “Short, simple Family Home Evenings for Busy Families.” Plus I liked the idea of having a to-go lesson on those nights where everyone seems on the go. Click in for some fast but fantastic FHE plans including scriptures, activities and additional resources for those times when you can linger on the lesson a little longer.
Visiting teaching: These “Visiting Teaching Handouts” that can accompany the July 2012 message are delightful. I love the one that can help sisters watch over one another. And the one with all the action verbs and kindly words would be a powerful printable to give. Click in!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Community of Christ recommends marriage,...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 62
- New Harmony: The mainstreaming of... 45
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad... 44
- Elder Oaks promotes strengthening the... 25
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 16
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 15