SALT LAKE CITY — Col. Kenneth L. Gammon, full-time director of the Utah National Guard’s Joint Staff, will be promoted to brigadier general in an official ceremony Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Utah Air National Guard Base dining facility.
Gammon, of Kaysville, enlisted in the Utah Air National Guard’s 299th Range Control Squadron in 1984. He was commissioned in 1988 and joined the Utah Air Guard’s full-time technician force in 1991.
During his career Gammon has served as an operations training officer, director of operations, detachment commander, squadron commander, group commander and vice wing commander. He holds qualifications as an air traffic controller, air weapons controller, senior director, mission crew commander and battle commander.
In 2003-2004, he deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom with the 109th Air Control Squadron. He has also deployed for operations Noble Eagle, Southern Watch and Joint Endeavor.
Gammon’s awards and decorations include the Meritorious Service Medal, Air Force Commendation Medal, Air Force Achievement Medal, Combat Readiness Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal and Global War on Terrorism Service Medal.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Former West Valley City women's clinic owner...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 18
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after... 9