WEST VALLEY CITY — The annual Latino Crime Prevention and Public Safety Fair and International Summer Festival will take place Saturday from 1 to 10 p.m. at the Utah Cultural Center, 1355 W. 3100 South.
From 1-3 p.m., members of the Latino community will meet with law enforcement agencies, state and local authorities and community leaders. From 3-10 p.m. is the Safety Fair and Festival.
The event aims to provide the Latino community with the opportunity to discuss topics affecting their lives with law enforcement agencies, state and local authorities and community leaders, and to create a better relationship among those parties.
Goals also include providing law enforcement agencies, state and local authorities the opportunity to learn more about issues affecting the Latino community, and to discuss and present new ideas and programs to the Latino community.
Fair activities will include information booths, children’s educational activities, international performers and international food. Backpacks with school supplies will be given away free of charge to the first 350 kids attending the event; a bicycle and other prizes will also be given away. Additionally, the West Valley City Police Department will host a Bicycle Rodeo.
Sponsors include West Valley City, West Valley City Police Department, the FBI, Park City Police Department, Salt Lake County, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Shriners Hospital for Children, and other law enforcement agencies, businesses and organizations.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- U.S. approaching 'sudden' phase of...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 123
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 41
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 29
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20