WEST VALLEY CITY — The annual Latino Crime Prevention and Public Safety Fair and International Summer Festival will take place Saturday from 1 to 10 p.m. at the Utah Cultural Center, 1355 W. 3100 South.
From 1-3 p.m., members of the Latino community will meet with law enforcement agencies, state and local authorities and community leaders. From 3-10 p.m. is the Safety Fair and Festival.
The event aims to provide the Latino community with the opportunity to discuss topics affecting their lives with law enforcement agencies, state and local authorities and community leaders, and to create a better relationship among those parties.
Goals also include providing law enforcement agencies, state and local authorities the opportunity to learn more about issues affecting the Latino community, and to discuss and present new ideas and programs to the Latino community.
Fair activities will include information booths, children’s educational activities, international performers and international food. Backpacks with school supplies will be given away free of charge to the first 350 kids attending the event; a bicycle and other prizes will also be given away. Additionally, the West Valley City Police Department will host a Bicycle Rodeo.
Sponsors include West Valley City, West Valley City Police Department, the FBI, Park City Police Department, Salt Lake County, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Shriners Hospital for Children, and other law enforcement agencies, businesses and organizations.
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- 41 inmates in Davis County Jail earn high...
- 'Regimented' UTA employee remembered as...
- Office of Economic Development names...
- Parents look for answers after daughter was...
- U. grad one of top 25 law students in the nation
- LDS Church condemns sexual assault as... 59
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 36
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 18
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Gov. Herbert: Bears Ears resolution... 11
- Utah defends busting theater for... 11