WEST VALLEY CITY — The annual Latino Crime Prevention and Public Safety Fair and International Summer Festival will take place Saturday from 1 to 10 p.m. at the Utah Cultural Center, 1355 W. 3100 South.
From 1-3 p.m., members of the Latino community will meet with law enforcement agencies, state and local authorities and community leaders. From 3-10 p.m. is the Safety Fair and Festival.
The event aims to provide the Latino community with the opportunity to discuss topics affecting their lives with law enforcement agencies, state and local authorities and community leaders, and to create a better relationship among those parties.
Goals also include providing law enforcement agencies, state and local authorities the opportunity to learn more about issues affecting the Latino community, and to discuss and present new ideas and programs to the Latino community.
Fair activities will include information booths, children’s educational activities, international performers and international food. Backpacks with school supplies will be given away free of charge to the first 350 kids attending the event; a bicycle and other prizes will also be given away. Additionally, the West Valley City Police Department will host a Bicycle Rodeo.
Sponsors include West Valley City, West Valley City Police Department, the FBI, Park City Police Department, Salt Lake County, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Shriners Hospital for Children, and other law enforcement agencies, businesses and organizations.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13