WEST VALLEY CITY — The annual Latino Crime Prevention and Public Safety Fair and International Summer Festival will take place Saturday from 1 to 10 p.m. at the Utah Cultural Center, 1355 W. 3100 South.
From 1-3 p.m., members of the Latino community will meet with law enforcement agencies, state and local authorities and community leaders. From 3-10 p.m. is the Safety Fair and Festival.
The event aims to provide the Latino community with the opportunity to discuss topics affecting their lives with law enforcement agencies, state and local authorities and community leaders, and to create a better relationship among those parties.
Goals also include providing law enforcement agencies, state and local authorities the opportunity to learn more about issues affecting the Latino community, and to discuss and present new ideas and programs to the Latino community.
Fair activities will include information booths, children’s educational activities, international performers and international food. Backpacks with school supplies will be given away free of charge to the first 350 kids attending the event; a bicycle and other prizes will also be given away. Additionally, the West Valley City Police Department will host a Bicycle Rodeo.
Sponsors include West Valley City, West Valley City Police Department, the FBI, Park City Police Department, Salt Lake County, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Shriners Hospital for Children, and other law enforcement agencies, businesses and organizations.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'None of it matters': Family grateful after...
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14