WEST VALLEY CITY — The annual Latino Crime Prevention and Public Safety Fair and International Summer Festival will take place Saturday from 1 to 10 p.m. at the Utah Cultural Center, 1355 W. 3100 South.
From 1-3 p.m., members of the Latino community will meet with law enforcement agencies, state and local authorities and community leaders. From 3-10 p.m. is the Safety Fair and Festival.
The event aims to provide the Latino community with the opportunity to discuss topics affecting their lives with law enforcement agencies, state and local authorities and community leaders, and to create a better relationship among those parties.
Goals also include providing law enforcement agencies, state and local authorities the opportunity to learn more about issues affecting the Latino community, and to discuss and present new ideas and programs to the Latino community.
Fair activities will include information booths, children’s educational activities, international performers and international food. Backpacks with school supplies will be given away free of charge to the first 350 kids attending the event; a bicycle and other prizes will also be given away. Additionally, the West Valley City Police Department will host a Bicycle Rodeo.
Sponsors include West Valley City, West Valley City Police Department, the FBI, Park City Police Department, Salt Lake County, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Shriners Hospital for Children, and other law enforcement agencies, businesses and organizations.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Lawmaker's proposal would offer free tuition...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 33
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 31
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27