REXBURG, Idaho — Beginning in 2013, Utah State University will offer Master of Business Administration degrees through courses taught on the Brigham Young University-Idaho campus, the two institutions announced Friday.
The courses will be taught in Rexburg on Fridays and Saturdays by faculty members from USU's Jon M. Huntsman School of Business and will be based on the same curriculum taught in Logan, officials said. Tuition for the two-year, 36-credit program is approximately $25,000 and admissions decisions will be made by USU under the same standards as all students in the Huntsman School.
“BYU-Idaho is pleased to collaborate with Utah State in a way that provides some exciting opportunities,” Fenton L. Broadhead, academic vice president at BYU-Idaho, said in a prepared statement. “This new agreement allows for a graduate school experience here in Rexburg for students, employees and the local community.”
Ed Sexton, associate academic vice president over curriculum for BYU-Idaho, said the arrangement was made with USU — as opposed to sister school Brigham Young University in Provo — because residents of Rexburg and the surrounding area frequently attend Utah State as a way to take part in a master's program without having to relocate from their homes or jobs. He also said USU initially approached BYU-Idaho about the arrangement.
"A lot of people in the area, when they are looking for graduate options, they tend to travel to Logan," he said.
Sexton said allowing USU to conduct classes on the BYU-Idaho campus will facilitate those students and provide greater opportunities to anyone in the community interested in a graduate degree.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 33
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13