REXBURG, Idaho — Beginning in 2013, Utah State University will offer Master of Business Administration degrees through courses taught on the Brigham Young University-Idaho campus, the two institutions announced Friday.
The courses will be taught in Rexburg on Fridays and Saturdays by faculty members from USU's Jon M. Huntsman School of Business and will be based on the same curriculum taught in Logan, officials said. Tuition for the two-year, 36-credit program is approximately $25,000 and admissions decisions will be made by USU under the same standards as all students in the Huntsman School.
“BYU-Idaho is pleased to collaborate with Utah State in a way that provides some exciting opportunities,” Fenton L. Broadhead, academic vice president at BYU-Idaho, said in a prepared statement. “This new agreement allows for a graduate school experience here in Rexburg for students, employees and the local community.”
Ed Sexton, associate academic vice president over curriculum for BYU-Idaho, said the arrangement was made with USU — as opposed to sister school Brigham Young University in Provo — because residents of Rexburg and the surrounding area frequently attend Utah State as a way to take part in a master's program without having to relocate from their homes or jobs. He also said USU initially approached BYU-Idaho about the arrangement.
"A lot of people in the area, when they are looking for graduate options, they tend to travel to Logan," he said.
Sexton said allowing USU to conduct classes on the BYU-Idaho campus will facilitate those students and provide greater opportunities to anyone in the community interested in a graduate degree.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 37
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 19
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14